The Great State of Maine BBQ Championship, Aug 4-5/2007

• Thread starter Lakeside Smoker
  • Start date
Brian in Maine, I see you found the Brethren, Welcome!

GRILLING CONTEST - SATURDAY, AUGUST 4, 2007

Grand - Doze Guys
Reserve - I Smell Smoke!!!

3. Q Haven
4. Transformer BBQ
5. Swine Dinin

Chicken Wings

1. I Smell Smoke
2. Doze Guys
3. Transformer BBQ
4. Buck's Naked BBQ
5. Lakeside Smokers

Sirloin Steak

1. Q Haven
2. K.C.'s Rib Shack
3. Swine Dinin
4. Feeding Friendz
5. Doze Guys

Pork Tenderloin

1. The Pokey Smokers
2. Q Haven
3. Buck's Naked BBQ
4. Doze Guys
5. Transformer BBQ

Pizza

1. Buck's Naked BBQ
2. Transformer BBQ
3. Swine Dinin
4. Doze Guys
5. Puddledock Porkas

Blueberry Dessert ( DOES NOT COUNT TO KCBS & NEBS TEAM POINTS)

1. I Smell Smoke
2. Yabba Dabba Que
3. Q Haven
4. Feeding Friendz
5. K.C.'s Rib Shack

KCBS CONTEST - SUNDAY AUGUST 5, 2007

Grand - I Smell Smoke!!!
Reserve - The Anchormen

3 Lakeside Smokers
4 Yabba Dubba Que
5 The Bastey Boys

Chicken

1. K.C.'s Rib Shack
2. Que - Ball
3. Yabba Dabba Que
4. Purple Turtle Catering
5. Feeding Friendz

Pork Ribs

1. The Bastey Boys
2. Buck's Naked BBQ
3. Transformer BBQ
4. The Anchormen
5. I Smell Smoke

Pork

1. Puddledock Porkas
2. Headless Hog
3. The Bastey Boys
4. The Anchormen
5. I Smell Smoke

Brisket

1. Casual Smokers
2. I Smell Smoke
3. Lakeside Smokers
4. Beef Rubbers
5. Purple Turtle Catering

Chef's Choice (DOES NOT COUNT TOWARDS KCBS & NEBS TEAM POINTS)

1. Full Belly Pit Crew
2. Feeding Friendz
3. Beef Rubbers
4. I Smell Smoke
5. The Bastey Boys

Congratulations Steve, Ray, and Mike on your 1,2,3 finish!

Maine was a BLAST!! We were in between Q Haven and Q ball!!! That is a FUN place to be! It was hot, muggy, hilly and bugy but it just didn't matter! :-D

Congrats to all who walked.

I have some pics up on my web site, check 'em out!

Mike

Congratulations to ISS, Anchormen, Lakeside, Q Haven, Que Ball ... OK, congrats to everyone who walked the walk! Looks like the BRethren are taking over. Sully, me, Bev and OB (my 'rents) had a ball judging, it was the first ACTUAL KCBS BBQ comp that I have judged since becoming a CBJ, although I am a pro at judging grilling events heheh, and there was some really good food!

I hope that they do it again next year, we will be cooking it if they do!

Nice pics guys! I'm waitin' to be invited to join yer 'megateam'!~ :>

Fun weekend, congratulations to everyone. We had a great time with the abridged version of our team there; although I now realize that someone on my team must be doing a lot of dishwashing... because I certainly never did as much as I did this weekend. (oops).

Michelle-- we were right next to the megateam, but didn't get invited in. I think it was because the team is determined by the number of people who can fit in a 10x20 team site... and its all full. Sean I think is in charge of any entries invoving M&M's (I think Kathy deserves a round of beers for keeping it professional when she DQ'd a box of banana peels, wheat thins, and M&M's that was turned in the for the lobster category)

-B

Ted, Once again great pictures of the weekend !!!! congrats on your walks to stage!!!

Congrats to you and the Anchormen too Eric! Another reserve! You guys sure wore out a path to the stage....great showing.

Congrats again to I Smell Smoke, Lakeside Smokers, Que Ball, Transformer BBQ and all the teams that walked!

I Just woke up from my after competition monday nap. Still feel little out of sorts but...
Hey had a great weekend! The Anchormen worked great together and have the results to show it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratualtions to all the brethren than placed! I can only imagine what its like doing a comp.!

Hey Brendan, We would have included you but you put the sides on your EZ-Up and either couldn't hear us or were pretending not to. You forgot to mention the most important ingredient: shredded brisket fat disguised to look somewhat similar to lobster meat marinated in some kind of brown sauce.
The Transformers and Lunchmeat are more than welcome to join Mega-Team. Mega-Team knows no bounds and has no regard for site sizing rules. If you don't join willingly, you will be absorbed eventually anyway. Soon, all will be Mega-Team. All contestants, all awards, all GC's and RGC's will be Mega-Team. Those who resist will submit to Mega-Team and your families will be forced to wear Mega-Team embroidered fashions and matching accessories.
Mega-Team exists for two reasons:
1) To finally beat the guys that usually win
2) To stop the Anchormen from ever winning
That's right, the Anchormen will forever be our sworn arch-nemesis until we get our free bag of ice from last years Rhode Island contest.
Our battle plan has been well planned and has already entered the first stages of execution:
Stage 1: Disrupt the nations supply of FAB
Stage 2: Drink beer
Stage 3: Make lots of jokes about wife swapping
Stage 4: Teach Ted to not dance like a white boy from Connecticut

So start practicing the Mega-Team chant if you want to join:
Mega-Team
Mega-Team
Bah-Ba-Que!

Mega-Team
Mega-Team
We're better than you!

Now Thats Farkin Funny !!! However the Anchormen are on a roll and its hard to stop three fat guys rolling !! The More Mass The More Velocity !!!

Things that make you go mmmmmm

Yo Yo Citizen Q. are trying to hide this has to be Sean
your profile doesn't have your name... I will surely be at
next years brookline contest on saturday night.. plan on
judging again.. But will be drinkin' as much as I can the night
before.
Mega-Team
Mega-Team
Bah-Ba-Que!

Mega-Team
Mega-Team
BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!

Hey Brendan, We would have included you but you put the sides on your EZ-Up and either couldn't hear us or were pretending not to. You forgot to mention the most important ingredient: shredded brisket fat disguised to look somewhat similar to lobster meat marinated in some kind of brown sauce.
The Transformers and Lunchmeat are more than welcome to join Mega-Team. Mega-Team knows no bounds and has no regard for site sizing rules. If you don't join willingly, you will be absorbed eventually anyway. Soon, all will be Mega-Team. All contestants, all awards, all GC's and RGC's will be Mega-Team. Those who resist will submit to Mega-Team and your families will be forced to wear Mega-Team embroidered fashions and matching accessories.
Mega-Team exists for two reasons:
1) To finally beat the guys that usually win
2) To stop the Anchormen from ever winning
That's right, the Anchormen will forever be our sworn arch-nemesis until we get our free bag of ice from last years Rhode Island contest.
Our battle plan has been well planned and has already entered the first stages of execution:
Stage 1: Disrupt the nations supply of FAB
Stage 2: Drink beer
Stage 3: Make lots of jokes about wife swapping
Stage 4: Teach Ted to not dance like a white boy from Connecticut

So start practicing the Mega-Team chant if you want to join:
Mega-Team
Mega-Team
Bah-Ba-Que!

Mega-Team
Mega-Team
We're better than you!

Back