Contest Results The Golden Acorn BBQ Fest Campo, CA 08/12-13/2011

Thanks Guys! I think Henry is trying to get the name of the contest changed to Golden Acorn Border Wars so it can "officially" be a first year contest - also he said something about it being a different date this year than last year. Congrats to Harry for his GC and all my AZ BBQ Brethren for putting in some work. Great job Tom and Paul from IAB 30 for 3rd ovrall - you guys are tough competition.

Smitty
Loot N' Booty BBQ

Hey Smitty, congrats on the RGC my friend!

Congrats also to Harry for the GC!

Not quite sure where the confusion is but I'm pretty sure this isn't a first year contest. I don't think you can just change the name and all of a sudden it's a first year contest.
It appears to be KCBS sanctioned as 'Golden Acorn BBQ Fest 2010' and 'Golden Acorn BBQ Fest 2011' on the KCBS website. It is also referred to as 'Golden Acorn II 2011' on the CBBQA forum. The thread is named and started by the organizer of the contest.

Congrats to the winners and all who were called. Eight GCs in a year is pretty awesome (if I do say so myself:rolleyes:)

I have been in charge of qualifier stuff for the FBA for several years now. There are two ways a second year contest could have qualifier status with 20 teams. One would be if it is the only contest in the state. The other would be if it is the first year it has had the proclamation. Then it would be considered a first year contest in regards to the Jack. If it had the proclamation last year, it would be considered an established contest and would need 25 teams.

Regardless, best of luck!

Congrats everyone! Hey Benny...we need two more teams this weekend for a qualifier in Duvall...how about a road trip for you and Harry! Lol...good luck on your quest guys!

Thanks Guys! I think Henry is trying to get the name of the contest changed to Golden Acorn Border Wars so it can "officially" be a first year contest - also he said something about it being a different date this year than last year. Congrats to Harry for his GC and all my AZ BBQ Brethren for putting in some work. Great job Tom and Paul from IAB 30 for 3rd ovrall - you guys are tough competition.

Smitty
Loot N' Booty BBQ
Congrats Smitty!..sorry we missed you guys but we were watching team count and knew this would NOT be a qualifier thats just one of the reasons we didn't go..we were at this comp last year so yes it's a second year comp..and if it becomes one from a name and date change..I call bulls#$%!..you can't change the rules after the fact..those rules are there for a reason!

Congrats Smitty!..sorry we missed you guys but we were watching team count and knew this would NOT be a qualifier thats just one of the reasons we didn't go..we were at this comp last year so yes it's a second year comp..and if it becomes one from a name and date change..I call bulls#$%!..you can't change the rules after the fact..those rules are there for a reason!

Thanks Matt. We would have loved seeing you guys out there. I agree with you on the 2nd year event. I don't think you should be able to just change the name/date of a comp depending on how many teams show up to make it a Jack draw or not. Hell - I'm just there to cook up some Q and drink some beer - leave me out of all the politics behind it. (Unless we got GC then I might have something to say about it). :-D

Thanks Matt. We would have loved seeing you guys out there. I agree with you on the 2nd year event. I don't think you should be able to just change the name/date of a comp depending on how many teams show up to make it a Jack draw or not. Hell - I'm just there to cook up some Q and drink some beer - leave me out of all the politics behind it. (Unless we got GC then I might have something to say about it). :-D

Sorry dude I wasn't trying to put it on you in anyway..and I'm not trying to put it on anybody..the thing that sucks is if it was a qualifier we would have been there along with a few more teams without doubt..but to change it on the fly isn't cool..and again congrats to you guys..sorry for the mix up.

So you would only compete if it's a qualifier and if you knew they had enough teams in place before hand? That makes no sense. You seen they had let's say 20. If you joined them it would of been 21 then another guy might say hey were real close I'm 22 etc. :rolleyes:

"thats just one of the reasons we didn't go"

Sledneck, you may not know the whole story.
Well I guess I stirred the pot but oh well..there were more than a few things that kept us home but no need to go into it..bottom line what I was trying to point out was that rules are rules..we could go back and forth all day but in the end it's all up to KCBS..I'm just trying to stand up for what I see as the right thing to do.

Back