The Day Daniella Came to Town. A tribute to my "Sisters in Smoke"

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Many of you will recall a certain raffle that was held during the Christmas Season to benefit a fellow Brethren member. Subsequently, there was a Subscription/Membership initiative as well, that I was lucky enough to have won. I promised Tish and Kathy's Smokin that I would post Pr0n and I finally have received Daniella here at our new home in France.

I put her together this morning,

And got a meal together this afternoon after a trip to town to visit the butcher.

Set her up for indirect with a brick divider to maintain a barrier from the left side.

And away she went!

As did the sunlight!

Time for a beer while the sun slips into the horizon!

Daniella is hot to trot, but I know how to control her. A super hot indirect fire is my friend. I can cook in control and be relatively sure of the outcome.

No risk of flare-ups and everthing is slowly coming to temp.

Final char when everthing is done inside, Califlower and boiled potatoes.

Pulled and resting on a plate

The final shot! Was really good! Thanks to all of you that make this place what it is, each and every day!

Sisters in Smoke, ROCK! That's all I have to say! Oh Yeah, I almost forgot.......Merry Christmas and to all a good night!

You too DC!

That's how to use a kettle! Love the story - great cook - but let's hear more about that sausage! :hungry:

Thanks Jed, and as has been said great scenery and you're one of the ones that makes this place what it is everyday.

Oh and pork shoulder and shallots sounds amazing for a sausage!

Kris, teh sausage is a ground pork shoulder with shallots. It had a really savory flavor.

That sounds really tasty. I wish we had the shops and family businesses I remember from Europe where fish, cheese, meat, breads, etc. are made or sold locally by true artisans from local farms and shops down the road from where you live, not from some mega factory a thousand miles away.

my wife spent most of her senior year of high school as an exchange student in france. never been myself but seeing those pics, I can understand why she misses it!

and the food looks awesome too!

if the full recipe for those sausages could be posted, I would definitely give them a shot!

Back