THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pyrotech

Full Fledged Farker
It has been uhhh..... a few years since I have entered my last throwdown

So when I saw it was a Hot dog throwdown, and this tasty little treat was on the menu for the weekend already.... Well, How could I Not enter.

Cubano_dog1.jpg

All Beef hot dogs, that where simmered in a mixture of Beef broth, and Beer and a special blend of seasonings before going on the Mini, to finish off with a light char and some grill marks

Cubano_dog2.jpg

While the dogs are on the grate, The buns where prepped. Homemade spicy Beer Mustard goes on the bun, followed by 2 slices of Ham, and a layer of Swiss Cheese.

Cubano_dog3.jpg

After the hot dogs are ready, they where placed on the prepped buns, and back onto the mini, to melt the cheese and get a light toast to the bun. Roughly 3 minutes later, the cheese is melting, and the bun is slightly toasted around the sharp edges. Dill pickle spears where sliced into thin strips and a thin line of the Spicy Beer mustard added to the now finished dog

Cubano_dog4.jpg

Last edited:
I literally just went out and bought all the stuff today for the exact same thing. It was going to be my entry I'm the throw down. I will see if i can go in a different direction. You beat me to it, and it looks great.

Back