The Cook Is On (Experiment with pron)

medic92

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Kevin
Last edited:
z7D94uQ.gif

Ok, so I smoked that pork loin for an hour. I should have done about 40 minutes because an hour took it to 175 degrees. So it was a touch dry and a little tough. No smoke ring at all and the appearance could have been nicer. It has a browning option I think I'd probably have to use the next time to get some crust on the outside.

The smoke flavor was absolutely perfect. I was really impressed that a little cup of wood chips put that much flavor in it.
There is a light smoke smell in the house which isn't at all unpleasant, but putting it under the stove vent would probably eliminate that completely. It's definitely less than you would get from a fireplace or woodburning stove.

Cleanup was ridiculously simple and took only a few minutes.

What was left of the chips in the smoker box
View attachment 164550

The finished product
View attachment 164549

One slice
View attachment 164551

Overall, it was a great purchase for $10. If I had paid full retail ($299.99) I'd probably be pi$$ed. Although, with it's ability to be a pressure cooker, steamer and smoker it has some versatility.
It'll be great for my wife and I, but if you have a larger family you might struggle to stuff enough food in there to feed everyone.

Next will be trying the cold smoking option on some cheese and see how that goes.

Last edited:
Back