The Big Easy Jambalaya

Excellent! I really looks great. How was your spice level?

This one was pretty mild because of the family. You'll notice severall hotsauce bottles on the table to me.

Do you have the full recipe? It looks and sounds amazing!

The recipe is from John Besh's cookbook. I have permission to publish on my blog which I will do in the next day or two. I'll let you know when I do.

Wow Larry that looks really good. I sent a link to one of my buddies down in TX that just got one of these BE's this past year. He said he was looking for new stuff to try out and well you did it! Thanks for sharing. Vince

I wish I could lay claim to the original idea but I can't. I learned this technique on the Char-Broil forum for the Big Easy.

Love a nice hardy jambalya like that. Did you forget the okra?

At my house Okra goes in Gumbo, not in Jambalaya...

Ok Larry, this isn't even fair! I'm hungry, and damn that looks good! problem being I don't have a B.E. could you tell the approximate heat you run that at? I'm wondering if I can do that on one of my UDS's or something...?
Thanks!

Ok Larry, this isn't even fair! I'm hungry, and damn that looks good! problem being I don't have a B.E. could you tell the approximate heat you run that at? I'm wondering if I can do that on one of my UDS's or something...?
Thanks!

If you've got the dutch oven then I would recommend doing it the old fashion way with charcoal. But...

If you use the UDS you're probably going to have to crank it up high, probably well over 350 degrees. And because most of the cooking is done with the lid off, you're going to have problems keeping the heat up.

Outstanding looking pot of goodness Larry!

I am assuming you could do this dish on a turkey fryer base on low as well?

Back