The Best Wings Ever!

I an gonna cook wings today. Planning to soak in Jerk for 3-4 hours, smoke at 250 for 2 hour, finish in oven at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Never done before. What do y'all think?

That sounds good but in my experience I don't put any rubs or marinades prior to the cook because I cook at higher temps. I have tried it before and certain parts of the wings got burnt. The seasonings tend to burn easy. So I just lightly salt. I am all about the finishing sauces at the end to give the wing its flavor. After all this is how the wing places do it. (No seasoning prior to their fry) and then toss in the sauce once done. If I were you I would boost your temps on the grill to 450 and cook indirect and only cook for an hour or so. This will give you a crispy skin and moisture inside.

Those look great! Since I started grilling wings, I don't want fried ones. I agree with not seasoning much beforehand-I rub them with olive oil, salt and pepper, grill until crispy outside and almost done inside, them finish them off in a pot of simmering sauce.

Look awesome! I do wings quite frequently! I do mine over direct heat but that's just my preference because I like mine extra crispy. :mrgreen: Great job!

Amazing. I've never done wings but my wife insists on them this weekend. I have a gasser and 2 WSMs. I intend to do them on one of the WSMs at very high temp and have a sauce available for dipping. Thank you for this!!!!

I'm a grilled fan myself. Had some reg fried Sun night & just not as good as grilled for me. After direct slow grill with diffuser, I toss in sauce then shut bottom vent and grill with lid open so it thickens and sets the sauce but doesn't burn bc of sugars.

For the fellas that like the heat, I do an awesome ghost pepper chutney with onions, garlic, salt, & a little vinegar. It'll light you up :cool:

Back