THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chicken

10 - grub rustlers
Heat is on
Blazen bbq
Late night whiskey smokers
Kings cooking
5th - bs pitmeister
4th - guzzlin gourmet
3rd - habitual smokers
2nd - 4 men and a pig
1st - moonswiners

Ribs

5th - four men and a pig
4th - switzerland
3rd - smokin triggers
2nd - moonswiners
1st - carcass cookers

Pork

Clones
Philly pig
Otis and the bird
Habitual smokers
Firehouse bbq
5th - smokin joes two
4th - smokin tailgaters
3rd - blazen bbq
2nd - four men and a pig
1st - the heat is on

Brisket

10th - midnight smoker
Lotta bull
Philly pig
Ella bbq
Holy cow cookers
5th - habitual smokers
4th - I smell smoke
3rd - firehouse bbq
2nd - munchin hogs
1st - moonswiners

Barnhouse bbq
Smokin tailgaters
Late night whiskey smokers
I smell smoke
Dr porkenstein
Bob's O Que ??
Blazen bbq
3rd - four men and a pig
2nd - habitual smokers
And the winner is

GC - Moonswiners

Great job to all of those who earned the chance to participate!

Where's the English team? I read somewhere where they were gonna win.

Man, someday ....

A good time today

Congrats to Purple Turtle on the sauce walk, and to the other Brethren teams.

It was chilly this morning, and my wife didn't pack jackets for her and the little one, so I didn't get to talk to all the Brethren teams I wanted to. I did say hi to Lunch Lady and the rest of the Lunch Meat crowd, but they were really busy. I saw Scottie from CSC, but they had just rushed a turn-in and he was talking to someone, so I didn't bother him.

Switzerland was handing out some strange rice dish, but I didn't get a chance to sample it. I did get to sample some pork & brisket from Stumps (Maple Hollow), and learned a lot more about Stumps cookers. I also saw a Christmas present from BBQ Guru - a new turbonator thingy for the egg (or other ceramic cookers). I bought some Willingham's rub that is a good all-around rub, and some sawdust looking stuff for smoking. It is papaya flavored and I tried it tonight, but I can't tell the difference. Maybe I didn't use enough. :roll:

I see why Ray wasn't there cooking with BGE this year - Primo was the order of the day, with a huge setup and they supplied the international teams with cookers, like BGE did in previous years. Primos are nice ceramics with versatile setups, but they could've at least brought a few other colors besides black. :icon_sleepy

I really wish we could've spent the entire day there, but the little man needed a nap by the time we left, and he fell asleep pretty fast in the car. When we were leaving, the line on the road coming down from the north was over a mile long, and people were walking faster than the cars and motorcycles were moving.

One of these days, God willing, I'll be cooking there. Rumor has it that they may change locations to a new, bigger park, and make two categories - invitational and open. :wink: I don't think the Hollow can handle that many people.

Back