The 1957 Drum Smoker Plans Thread

Drum

You know the drum offset consept isn't a bad one, you won't have a intense hotspot like you do in a conventional offset, yes you'll lose the juices hitting the flame flavor but wonder if the juices vaporizing on bare metal won't do the same, this is what happens in the spicewine when running without water, and to make things alittle interesting why not fashion a guru to the firebox for better control of temp. on the cooking grate, I guess that can serve two perposes one for a low and slow cook or for hi temp. pizzas maybe?? just a few thoughts....

What N8man said make a UDS first be cooking on it while getting wild and crazey on the next one. Best of both worlds. Thats my .02:icon_bigsmil

I think you should go forward with your original plan for the UDS Smoker.
The Drum Oven Design is nice, it is offset cooking. Which is not a Bad Thing. UDS Cooking, directly over hot coals and the one of a kind flavor from juices vaporizing and basting the meat is oh, so good... :tongue:

Agree with N8 here...however, that being said I wonder if you could do something like his Schlong Tube Mod and use this design as an attachment on the UDS when you wanted to make something like beef sticks or generate susstained temps of more like 170*-180*??

cool! an asbestos lined box!

honey, come over here and get a big whiff of the delicious asbestos laced aromas coming off this chicken!

the people in those illustrations are dead now.

still... i want one! :biggrin:

Back