THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
I'm in the mood for pulled pork sammies and have some leftovers in the freezer from the Paul Kirk class a couple of weeks ago. Is there a way to thaw it out in time for sammies tonight? This chunk is not pulled yet...

IMG_4159.jpg

That is usually how I freeze my pork. I just foil it and throw it in the oven anywhere between 225-275* depending on how quick I need it. Just probe it and play the waiting game. Pull after it rests.

Last edited:
I bring a big pot of water to boil, lower the flame and drop the bag in. Thawed and warmed in no time.

Same here, I usually foodsaver it in meal size chunks, put a pot of water on the stove, throw the sealed bag in, bring to a boil, simmer about 20 min and it's ready to go.

I also vacuum seal and boil. I would place that in another zip lock bag just in case. Nothing worse than a bag of pork full of water.

Back