Thanks MisterChrister...CL SCORE

Bluesman

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jon
This MisterChrister is the bomb. He's cooking for his family and still has time to text me a CL link. His link is for a brick red Performer......NIB......:twitch: I open it up and it's $225...........:faint2: So I contact the seller and he says it's available and he has a NIB Snap-On Smokey Joe as well. We deal and come to $240 for both........:clap2: So I ask for permission and not only do I get it...the wife hands me the cash...........:becky: Wait were did you get all that......fark it I need to drive an hour and 10 south to pick up some grills. So I get there and as described NIB. The Performer has the gas assist and is Brick Red. The Joe is really cool and is black. I will have more pictures tomorrow when everything is assembled. Just wanted to thank Chris proper here on the board.......YAY CHRIS..........:clap2::clap2:

My two new babys in the box The Performer is a 2010
100_1831.jpg

The Snap-On Socket Grill. Can't find a date code on it.......Yet
100_1832.jpg

The Snap-On has the logo on the grill grate and the socket flank drive design as does the top vent. The top handle has a wrench molded in.
100_1833.jpg

More pictures to follow tomorrow......It's late and I need a few beers......:becky:

Me and Jon make a great team, I find 'em and he buys 'em! He could thank me with an old WGA, or a Homer, or a redhead........hell, a beer would be just fine when we get the time........IF he jams an old Les Paul on a tube amp for me :grin:

You got it buddy and I'm buying..............:clap:

Nice teamwork.

Mister Christer used to send me finds, but I'm full up and have room for no more. Glad someone's buyin'.

Yeah, I must be his new Beatch..........the man is a pusher I tell you.....He feeds off people's inability to resist buying yet another Weber grill. He is a very bad man........but for right now.............:kiss::whoo:

Grills will come and go but that wife you got there, she's a keeper. And a friend who finds deals for you, that's someone to take good care of too.
Life is good brother, enjoy it low and slow.

Yeah, I must be his new Beatch..........the man is a pusher I tell you.....He feeds off people's inability to resist buying yet another Weber grill. He is a very bad man........but for right now.............:kiss::whoo:

yeah...he's sent me quite a few deals, too :thumb:

Everthing Assembled and ready to ROCK......

Got up this morning and started to lay out all the parts for the Performer. The Snap-On got assembled last night.

Parts
100_1834.jpg

Bowl, Lid and more parts
100_1836.jpg

Legs, Top and yet more parts
100_1837.jpg

Big Red and the Wrench all assembled
100_1838.jpg

Lid detail on the Sanp-On. Wrench in the handle and Snap-on and a the Flank drive design on the vent...........kinda cool. The grill is made in china but it looks cool. For $15 I like it.
100_1839.jpg

The Snap-On grate. "S" logo and the flank drive design as well
100_1840.jpg

Well all my grills have been cleaned, updated with some new wood handles, were needed and it was time for a Family Portrait.
100_1842.jpg

When comparing the new Performer to my 98 SS I find several things I like better.
1.) It's 3" taller, that's nice
2.) Casters, right now I like that, but that could change
3.) Gas assist. I installed a new tank and this baby popped right off...Saweeeet
4.) The placement of the thermometer is great. I like to cook indirect, so the vent is always on the right with the coals on the left. This provides a better smoke path. So now the thermometer is right in front of me. No more looking around the corner like SS thermometer placement.
5.) It's brand new, I didn't pay full price, I got to put it togtether and I get to get it dirty.
6.) Oh Weber uses all threaded inserts instead all that nut and washer BS. Kudos to Weber. Brass inserts don't rust.

The only thing I might do is change out the table screws for SS ones.

Back