Thai Prawn Stuffed Omelette (not q , pr0n)

Ohhhh you mean you put the prawn in the EGG!!!! :doh:

I was thinking the other way round.... Ohsilly me!

Cheers!

Bill

What brand of fish sauce do you use? I use 3 crabs and tiparos. I sneak it into the lady of the house's food when she's not looking and just grin when she crows about how great her food is when I make it compared to her. She swears she would never eat that stuff. Tee hee.:cool:

:laugh:

I like Tra Chang Gold, and Golden Boy brands the best.

Chambersauc - It is had to describe the flavor of fish sauce, can you describe how a banana tastes? So I am not trying to be rude at all I am just trying to say how hard it is to describe. It is not fishy but it is flavor packed. Salty is in there for sure. Fish sauce it a great flavor add as it soy sauce, Worchester sauce or what ever. By the way it is a great marinade for flank steaks.

OK, I admit, that looks great. Yet, I have a question. I have never had fish sauce, afaik. What kind of flavor does it add? I can't help but imagine it adds a "fishy" taste due to it's name, but not many like even their fish to taste "fishy". What am I missing?

Good on you, though, for taking care of the lady!

Thanks Dan.

Fish sauce is made from anchovies, fermented.
It tastes salty and tangy and is a phenomenal ingredient when used in conjunction with other profiles, sweetness and bitterness and spicyness.
It is herculean in delivering umami, and that is it's main benefit.
It does have an anchovy flavour, not so fishy but there.

Good to know, thanks, Bucc. I'll give it a try sometime...not sure in what, but...

Don't laugh...but I forgot to respond to your post and I was looking at a bargain price on Snapper in a local catalogue and went "Oh fark..." remembering your post!

If you like spicy food, if you dig Pico de Gallo the authentic spicy way...then there is a whole world of delicious uses out there for you.:thumb:

Back