Tried something new

jkief

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Jeffry
Had a pack of pulled pork in the freezer, so I decided on egg rolls. Sent some carrots and cabbage into the food processor and diced up some spinach leaves. Added some soy paste and sesame oil, mixed in the pulled pork. Started stuffing the egg roll wrappers and fried. Dipped in some Bachmans and it was pretty damn good. Made some dip too. 2 parts sour cream, 1 part Mayo. Season with Heath Riles garlic jalapeño.

Attachments

• 7286BA32-A1BB-4A60-AB89-5F8F3D8256A4.jpg
    7286BA32-A1BB-4A60-AB89-5F8F3D8256A4.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 241
  • 0631EFA9-C95A-4212-8B36-F9F724753893.jpg
    0631EFA9-C95A-4212-8B36-F9F724753893.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 243
  • DC1677CC-50C5-4BC3-99F1-827FE672B084.jpg
    DC1677CC-50C5-4BC3-99F1-827FE672B084.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 241
I’d like to have one of your egg rolls over some that I have had in the past.
Looks and sounds great.

Boy, that sure looks good. Been lookin for a deep frier but the ones I've found so far are made in China. I'll keep looking & hope I don't have to do without.

Killer, Jeffry.

I've never been one to deep fry stuff at home... but I could sure get behind a couple of those bad boys!

Those look excellent. Is that fryer part of your outdoor arsenal?

Can you just leave the oil in the fryer after each use or do you have to empty and store it?

Killer, Jeffry.

I've never been one to deep fry stuff at home... but I could sure get behind a couple of those bad boys!

I do egg rolls on the stove all the time. They don't need to be "deep" fried.

Just put enough oil in a fry pan to cover half way up the side of an egg roll. Turn it once the color looks right to get the other side.

Can't tell the difference from deep fried.

Those look excellent. Is that fryer part of your outdoor arsenal?

Can you just leave the oil in the fryer after each use or do you have to empty and store it?

It’s been in the collection for about 6 months now and we love it. We don’t fry often, so we save a ton of money on oil and time not having to strain every time. We leave the oil in it (it stays in the garage with a cover). We strain the oil every 6 to 8 cooks depending on what we’re cooking. Once we strain it, we make sure the oil hasn’t broken down put it back in and let it go some more.

Looks outstanding,,,,
Bet they freeze pretty well also,,,,
If you don’t devour all of them,,,LOL

I do egg rolls on the stove all the time. They don't need to be "deep" fried.

Just put enough oil in a fry pan to cover half way up the side of an egg roll. Turn it once the color looks right to get the other side.

Can't tell the difference from deep fried.

Cheers, Brad!

Trust me…every fried dinner is an extra 2 miles the next day for PT…

I was literally about to mention something about that in my previous post.. couple of extra miles on the run... another trip through the obstacle course... in that So GA heat! Ugh!

Looks outstanding,,,,
Bet they freeze pretty well also,,,,
If you don’t devour all of them,,,LOL

We flash froze most of them. The do freeze nicely and a quick reheat in toaster oven makes for a quick dinner.

Them rolls look great Jeffry! I've thought of trying to make my own in the past but have never got around to it. Now you've got me determined to give it a go.

Back