THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WilliamKY

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
William
6 pounds of turkey breast. I cooked them on the WSM for around 3hrs with a couple chunks of post oak. They were pre seasoned Butterball. I'd like to have them plain but this is all I could find around these parts. I rinsed them thoroughly and added my own seasoning, black pepper and kosher salt. Not many pics because I plan to cool the breast and run them through a meat slicer tomorrow. I did sample though and my goodness, step back Boar's Head. These breasts are on point. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 20210528_182332.jpg
    20210528_182332.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 20210528_205104.jpg
    20210528_205104.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Looks great! I would LOVE to do some Texas Style turkey breast... but I've looked high and low and just can not find it available anywhere. All I can find is either whole frozen bone in skin on breasts, or these teeny tiny little 2lb turkey breast "roasts".

That looks fantastic!

If you buy non-seasoned do you typically dry or wet brine?
I've never found the boneless breasts that weren't already seasoned. I'm sure I could get them at a butcher I've just never done it yet. I would do a dry brine like Harvest brine.

My intro to TX turkey breasts was by Bigmista. Farkin sorcery! I've made 'em a few times and love to foil 'em with enough butter to make you go :shocked:.

Love love love that stuff - nicely done!

Back