Team Name Suggestions

Steve, happy new year to you too, hopefully we get to know each other better soon. I look forward to it. A man can't have too many friends......are you going to be in Philly this weekend?

The "Atomic Buffalo Turds".

Defined as a smoked jalapeno (doesn't have to be though, use a poblano, habanero etc if you wish) stuffed with cheese (usually cream cheese), and wrapped in bacon.

The Piggy Bank BBQ is too close to another team out there already, the Piggy Bankers. Great name, but I'm not going to take another team's name. I'm sure the Pork Pulling Plowboy's lawyer will agree with me on this one.

I'll be honest folks, I am really leaning towards either Lake Effect Smoke or Lake Effect BBQ. I have a mental picture of the logo: A pig, cow, and chicken with icicles hanging from their snout/face/beak huddled around a fire.

Now I just gotta finalize the name, and figure out how to get the logo done.

The Piggy Bank BBQ is too close to another team out there already, the Piggy Bankers. Great name, but I'm not going to take another team's name. I'm sure the Pork Pulling Plowboy's lawyer will agree with me on this one.

I'll be honest folks, I am really leaning towards either Lake Effect Smoke or Lake Effect BBQ. I have a mental picture of the logo: A pig, cow, and chicken with icicles hanging from their snout/face/beak huddled around a fire.

Now I just gotta finalize the name, and figure out how to get the logo done.

For the logo:
http://www.bbqlogos.com/

He does great work.

Hey Folks,

Okay, I get it... I'm jumping the gun here but I can't help myself. I'm the type of guy who likes to plan for the future, so despite the fact that I don't even have a smoker yet I'm thinking of the future when I will be competing.

With that in mind, I need a team name. I have a couple of ideas, but I also have the idea to offer catering down the road as well. So the name needs to work for both a team and a catering company.

Here are my thoughts:

1.) I work for a bank, so I thought maybe Banker-Que. Nah, Banking is work, BBQ is fun.
2.) I live in Buffalo, NY (known as the Queen City, or Nickel City), so either Queen City BBQ or Nickel City BBQ. There's already a Nickel City Smoker in Buffalo! Not sure about Queen City
3.) Every night as I tuck my daughter into bed, she always asks me to "Rub back daddy?" I thought that would be a good team name, but maybe not a good one for the catering side. I agree.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamo

I have to agree that Lake Effect Smoke has a nice sound. And doesn't conflict with current team names.

There are a few comps in WNY. Good Smoke runs Roc City Ribfest (May - Rochester), I run Boston Hills BBQ Fest (June - Boston - South of Orchard Park), Honcho runs Smokin' Eagles (August - Niagara Falls), George runs Oinktoberfest (September - Clarence). BBQ is alive and well in WNY! C'mon out!

FYI - I have a comp/catering smoker for sale. Currently on Buffalo CL under Backwoods Smoker.

It might not conflict with team names, but I saw a DDD show on food network and they went to a Lake Effect Diner in Buffalo. You may want to avoid confusion.

Back