THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonybel

Babbling Farker
Today my son Anthony had another refresher course on how to prep ribs and fire management.
We did pork ribs today.....

This was his first time helping me out a few years ago. I think he was 3 or 4. He is now 7

00a21f57f547086dc48155c218bff203.jpg

This was today.

D5CCA6CA-2145-4ED7-BD20-EC92FED3EAFF.jpg

He got his fire started.

9B6C92C3-0088-460A-8240-5F7DCB3F1483.jpg

Then he seasoned the ribs while the wsm was coming up to temp.

5EB32B81-FDFA-42DD-A304-CD04E43795BE.jpg

Of they go to the wsm.

D338CCD8-F941-48C7-B56D-E5E293EC609F.jpg

After a few hours they looked like this.

3334FFA4-A09E-4953-9EEF-DEC62A85EE49.jpg

Done in 4.5 hours. The smoker was running at 275 and used hickory and cherry wood.

8C0C9EF1-288D-483B-A2AA-1416D720814A.jpg

No sides needed since it's just me and the kids.

9F8F5F59-6C1B-47A1-8376-B582194B48A8.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Tony and my son Anthony.

Here he is when he was younger probably 3 or 4

a2f8b68dc69c8511c2cb93fb06e4e79b.jpg

This is my favorite.
I remember him telling me "look dad I think it's done"

e4255ed5a78bf4e8f9ae564464c30c2b.jpg

Life just doesn't get any better than this. Enjoy it while you can. Time gets away from you.

This is a great post! My little guy is only 2, so his involvement is pretty limited to "the grill/smoker/stove is ALWAYS hot" and, of course, chowing down. Can't wait til he can participate more, though.

Those are great pictures. Some of my favorite memories are of cooking with my children. When she was young, my daughter's favorite part of grilling was "painting the chicken" with sauce.

This is a great post! My little guy is only 2, so his involvement is pretty limited to "the grill/smoker/stove is ALWAYS hot" and, of course, chowing down. Can't wait til he can participate more, though.

Great Pics Tony!

Our son is 1 and working on the "HOT" issue... Same deal as many here we have been including him in the kitchen since he was about 6months.

Now we let him help making pizzas, decorating cookies or helping stir the food while holding him

Love that! Times like these are what it's all about!

One of my proudest moments as a dad was when I was running the stickburner, some white smoke started to come out the exhause, and both my boys ran over to tell me that I didn't have thin blue. :clap2:

My two son's 21 and 26 both are cooking on Weber Kettle grills now that they have went out on their own. They do understand now that in order to get good food off of one of those contraptions it takes a certain amount of expertise and practice.

Enjoy your kids while you can, you blink your eye's and they're hundreds of miles away and times that you take for granted today like the pictures you posted are a thing of the past never to be experienced again.

I miss those days.

Mike

Cool pics Tony. He's gonna give you a run for you money when he grows up starting that early. :grin:

Brother there is nothing better than anytime with the kidos. Here's my yahoo prepping his "Almost Famous" ribs.

Last edited:
Awesome!!

My daughter is only 18 mo old, but when I get my Shirley smoker soon, she will learn it and inherit it! Can't wait to teach her!

This gets my vote for best thread of the day! Reminds me of learning grilling and smoking from my Dad! He'll cherish the memories! :thumb:

Life just doesn't get any better than this. Enjoy it while you can. Time gets away from you.

Love that! Times like these are what it's all about!
:clap2:

Enjoy your kids while you can, you blink your eye's and they're hundreds of miles away and times that you take for granted today like the pictures you posted are a thing of the past never to be experienced again.

I miss those days.

Mike

Kudos to a good father!!!!!!

This gets my vote for best thread of the day! Reminds me of learning grilling and smoking from my Dad! He'll cherish the memories! :thumb:

I really can't say more than what's been said here.

But tell Anthony dems some great lookin bones :thumb:

Back