Tapcons for EZ-UP?

Thanks to all for the good info! :icon_bigsmil

I think I'll give the Deck Screws a try, and will bring a tube of grey caulk just in case it does leave holes!

Why not just get the ez-up sand bags? weight, expense?:?:
edgamacate me, please.
Means like bags of sand and buckets of water help some, but wait til a wind comes up that is stronger than what they can manage. I like to be assured that my tents aren't going to get damaged or cause damage. I always either use ratchet straps to affix the tent to my truck or trailer, or I use screws in the pavement.

Am I crazy to think that the stakes that came with my EZ-up are good enough to keep my tent in place? I guess most of the contests that we do are on grass so it isnt much of a concern...just drive in the stakes and be done, but come to think of it...Barnesville might be on pavement, so maybe I should grab some screws out of the tool box.

Maybe in MO in the summer, I wouldn't try that in the NE in October.

THANK YOU for beating me to it ihbobry......NO TAPCONS OR DECK SCREWS AT RIVERCITY ROUNDUP the Qwest center would have my head!!!!....besides the wind doesnt blow in Nebraska in the Fall :wink: I know you meant NE as something other than NEbraska, but Im going with it....

Tapcons, screws, bags, coolers.........they all MAY work but when you need holding power....

Attachments

• Rocket_tool.jpg
    Rocket_tool.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 49
all this talk of defacing a parking lot, trivial as it seems, is still defacing a lot. Most promoters do not allow holes in their concrete or asphalt for even a small hole as a tapcon makes will still lead to weeds to expand hole and eventually break. A better and cheaper solution, pvc,filled with concrete, add eyebolt , even extra water containers work better than angering the owner of such lot.

Drilling holes in someone elses concrete is something I wouldn't do because it can cause the concrete to crack over time. Asphalt doesn't crack like concrete. I say Screw It!:biggrin:

Back