TAMALES-Green Chili Sauce, LOTS of PICS!!

You're welcome and they look fantastic Keale! Glad to see you were able to find the masa and husks... :thumb::-D

Thanks again guys, really whoever has not tried it, should! at least eat "homemade" ones anyway!
as I was going thru...ok...eating thru the batch, I notice some were more cooked than others...how do you remedy that?

BuPhul work Keale!
Can't go wrong with Cowgirl and Bobby B. at your side!:cool:

as my daughter would say...." YO KNOW DAT!!!:clap2::clap2:They both deserve a hand for putting up with me!

Great going Roy, sometimes you go for broke eh? Home made tamales are soo good

Once in a while the bug hits, and I gotta do it...for some reason cooking has become a chore recently, but this put a little fire under my butt!

Looks wonderful, what is your filling recipe?

THANKS!

Thanks guys...
This is my recipe... http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76937

Nice job, I like your daughter's shirt too.

Jeff
Thanks, they got that from our church summercamp!

Oh YES!!!! Those look oustanding, Brother!! :clap2: I'd hit about a half dozen at the first sitting. Then come back for seconds!! Once yo try the breakfast version, you will never want to eat them any other way. Glad to help. ANYTIME!!!
Good family activity too. Gets everyone involved.

Bob
Aloha Roy, looking great brother. My hats off to BobBrisket as well. He was so encouraging to me when I jumped on the tamale wagon. What a great brother to have. I love them and plan on making them often for friends and family. It is a labor of love which I now understand. Keep your new family tradition going...it's a great thing!

Thanks again guys, really whoever has not tried it, should! at least eat "homemade" ones anyway!
as I was going thru...ok...eating thru the batch, I notice some were more cooked than others...how do you remedy that?

Those are probably the ones that were in the center of the batch and didn't quite get the heat that that other ones got. If you get one of those that are still a bit undercooked, you can re heat those using steam again and that will help get them cooked through or use the butter and cast iron method to re heat them and that should do it as well. I've noticed that using the micro to reheat the undercooked ones will only heat them up, not help finish cooking them. Another good way to help heat them up and finish cooking them is by using a small toaster oven.

Bob

Keale:

Since you're in Hawaii, consider banana leaves next time instead of corn husks.

Do you grow tomatillo's there?

I just got back from a short vacation...
Bob, thanks for the info on the undercooked Tamales...

Keale:

Since you're in Hawaii, consider banana leaves next time instead of corn husks.

Do you grow tomatillo's there?

Mark will do Banana leaves next time, they grow all over the place, so I can get them for free... Don't you have to toast them or something first?

I haven't tried growing tomatillos, do they grow well here? Hmmmm.... I don't think I 've seen Tomatillo seeds here in Hawaii...

Mark will do Banana leaves next time, they grow all over the place, so I can get them for free... Don't you have to toast them or something first?

I haven't tried growing tomatillos, do they grow well here? Hmmmm.... I don't think I 've seen Tomatillo seeds here in Hawaii...

No: just use them right off the tree.

Yes: In Hawaii, plant them once and from then on you can harvest tomatillio's

Back