Sweet Heat Pear Pepper Sauced Shrimp

Thank you Redheart and Phu!

Phubar, I did soak the shrimp in some salt water before smoking. I dipped some of the whole shrimp in the raspberry jalapeno sauce before smoking too.. but waited until the skewered shrimp were smoking awhile before brushing with your pear sauce.
Love the sauce Phubar... it's a winner! :-D

How does that work? I'm very curious. How long have been rasing them?

BlkJeep, I stock my little pond with juvenile shrimp in the spring and harvest the grown shrimp in the fall..
I sent a link to you from my blog showing the pics. They are easy keepers, less trouble than my cows.:-D[/QUOTE]

Thats why we "raise" ours in salt water. :grin:

Thank you Dean, Big Brother, Big V, Jeff, Chris and SmokinPaPa!
Big Brother the sauce is tasty. :-D

Bob, if I lived by the ocean, that's where I'd get my shrimp too. :wink:

AAAAAAAAAAH
SWSM
That looks fantastic..... send me some..... I'm drooling.....

OBTW Got a B & D this weekend .... Did you have any luck?

Thats why we "raise" ours in salt water. :grin:[/QUOTE]

And I've had his shrimp right off the boats at Tybee Island. Oh man thats good eats there. I've vacationed there about four times and always get fresh shrimp!!!! But to had some in the back yard would be pretty darn cool. :wink:

Good lookin' eats right there, Jeanie!
I put my bib on before I opened your thread - saves the keyboard that way.

AAAAAAAAAAH
SWSM
That looks fantastic..... send me some..... I'm drooling.....

OBTW Got a B & D this weekend .... Did you have any luck?

Thank you HWSW! WTG! Congratulations on the B&D! I didn't get a B or a D but had nice BB and a glass of W when I got home. :-D

Tubadude, thank you!

BlkJeep, they are pretty tasty. Wish I could raise lobster, crab, oysters and a few other things here. :)

Kevin, they look kind of like crawdads... it's not so bad. lol :wink:

Thank you Dave... :wink:

No problem.:cool:

The sauce is meant for glazing,I was just curious if you marinaded the shrimps or just sprinkled a bit of salt/pepper before you put it on the grill.

BBQGrail suggested a while back that you probably can eat the sauce with some icecream.
Haven't tried it out yet,must taste good but his was less spicy.
Maybe I'll try it out for dessert tonight....with some roasted nuts and a bit of raisins....think it'll taste very good if the sauce is warmed up next to the cold icecream.

Got my new camera today,here's the dessert (without raisins),next time I won't heat up the pearsauce,the roasted nuts are warm and that's more than enough otherwise it gets too liquid.

IMG_0003.jpg

Way to go Jeanie..I love some good shrimp and a heat with some sweet is right up there as well.

I'll be waiting on the FedEx truck :mrgreen:

I consider shrimp fancy even if I'm at Capt'n D's but boy o boy is these really fancy here. Great Job! Home grown shrimps! What will they think of next. I use to have home grown catfish till I moved.

Jeanie they look delicious. I think Phubar needs to go commercial with his Pear sauce, or at least plant some more of those trees.

@ Phubar, well done ( goed gedaan jochie)

you are the only person i've ever seen post about home grown shrimp. :biggrin:

do you buy anything at the store?

Back