THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I like corn seasoned with pepper and wrapped in bacon, then smoked....
a side of beef ribs is always a plus too. :)

030-1.jpg

In the husk, on the grill. Shuck it just beforee you eat it and slather it with butter and salt. Real simple. Real good.

i usually grow g-90 sweet corn.we even got couple dozen ears off for 4th of july cook out.then the coons and deer hit.hard.those were the only ones we got.they got all the rest out of a 50ft by 100ft garden of only corn.i will get my revenge this fall!

i usually grow g-90 sweet corn.we even got couple dozen ears off for 4th of july cook out.then the coons and deer hit.hard.those were the only ones we got.they got all the rest out of a 50ft by 100ft garden of only corn.i will get my revenge this fall!

Sorry to hear - That Sux!:mad: - we have a major problem with the deer and coons here too. Had 3 coons in the garage eating my dog food - didn't want to let the pups at them because you never know (rabies, etc.) - I trapped in live traps and took them to the golf course ( the superintendent loves to shoot them!)

Deer every morning going to work crossing the road - just bought a new vehicle and am praying not to cream one.:eek:

Corn here though is spectacular!!

We have had sweet corn for about two weeks here in NW Iowa. I just put it right on on Egg straight from the field. No soaking in water or removing any silks. Chuck it after cooking, butter, fresh ground salt and pepper. Had some the other night with a nice steak. I attached a pic if it worked??

Attachments

• BBQ 003.jpg
    BBQ 003.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 59
I shuck and clean the silk from the corn then half a yellow onion then slice it and separate the onion in half rings. I put the corn on a piece of aluminum foil and then take the half rings pick out the ones that are the correct size to fit over the corn and one half ring at a time line the corn with them. Then put 3 pats of butter next to the corn/onion combo and also a shot of cooking spray on the onions so a pinch of kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper will stick to them. Wrap the foil around the corn tight and put it on the grill. Good stuff!!

We just shuck it back, remove silks, rub with butter, salt. Then pull the husk back over the ear and tie with a strip of husk. I never soaked in water. Just throw it on the grill with everything else. If not grilling we just throw it in a boiling stockpot, shucked and silked of course. We only cut corn for putting up. We never eat cut corn until cold weather. You know it gets down to just below freezing at least 3 or 4 nights a year here.

Don't pick the corn until the water is boiling. Steam it in the husk, then eat it. That's all I got to say about that.

jerkedboneinbreasts-011.jpg

i like to remove the husk and silk and roast right on the grid. each kernel caramelizes and the sweet, milky fluid within bursts with flavor!
a little ground chipotle makes it pop! :biggrin:

Don't pick the corn until the water is boiling. Steam it in the husk, then eat it. That's all I got to say about that.

According to an article I saw on corn, it looses %50 of it's flavor in the first 30 min after it is picked.

When I used to have it growing in the back yard, I would do it like Kevin said except I shucked it first and it was the best corn I have ever eaten.

Last edited:
I've always soaked the corn before grilling but finally tried it on the grill w/o the husk. Buttered with some chipotle seasoning before and after being grilled.

Was awesome!

absolutly love sweet corn. Just started getting Fincel's Brand sweet corn here in Iowa about 3 weeks ago. Wish I could get it all year round

Lucky to have a big farm right across the street that has awesome sweet corn - so good you don't even need to cook it to taste the sweetness - will be vacuum packing a whole lot for the upcoming "cool" months during the next couple of weeks.

Back