Surf and Surf today

Biloxidman

is One Chatty Farker
Triple tail filet, a dozen fresh oysters and crab meat. Oysters and thick filet on the grill at 350. After the oysters popped open I shucked them, added some melted butter mixed with garlic powder and topped with Parmesan Romano and back on for a few minutes. Fish was thick so it was done about the same time as the oysters Bon Appetite!

b6fa16dead5ae90d2ba7cd2c9b0bfb49.jpg

ce43cf58674e39f00dd5ffdc145a46c5.jpg

64423c3354732f68b4f560cc154949d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could sure go for a plate of that right about now. Only thing it needs is a good IPA, no worries got that covered

I'd scarf all of that except the crab. (Got allergic to soft shell crab in Maryland some years back.)

Outstanding I would be all over that plate Never heard of triple tail

Nice firm white flaky meat. Really good. I did this one with the skin on on the flip side of my CI griddle.

https://gcrl.usm.edu/public/fish/images/tripletail/tripletail.jim.franks.jpg Tripletail on the Table

Tripletail are not widely known as a food fish, but they are greatly enjoyed by those who are familiar with them. Being a relatively flat fish, tripletail filets are not thick, but the firm white meat is tasty and often compared to grouper and snapper. Tripletail are usually treated like spotted seatrout, and are cooked in a variety of ways. The meat flakes easily and does not do well on a grill unless it is cooked with the skin and scales left intact on the filets. It's been reported that K-Paul's restaurant in New Orleans once played on an earlier success with red drum and served tripletail as "reddened blackfish."

I really have to work on doing more seafood dishes. Looking like a fantastic meal!

Tripletail are making their way up to N.C. believe it or not. We caught a baby one (like 2”) off our dock this summer in a dip net. It was floating on its side and apparently they do that when they are tiny to imitate a leaf or something. I’d like to catch him again in a few years. Oysters looked great too!

Tripletail are making their way up to N.C. believe it or not. We caught a baby one (like 2”) off our dock this summer in a dip net. It was floating on its side and apparently they do that when they are tiny to imitate a leaf or something. I’d like to catch him again in a few years. Oysters looked great too!

They do that when adults too. Lots of times they are caught floating in the shade under any little bit of trash floating on the water.

Back