Sunday PitBoss Tailgater UnBoxing & Season w/Brisket (& Will Probably Use it at Comp Next Weekend)

Here's the rest of the brisket. Tasted just like the ones that have come off my CH5 so I thought it was great. Especially for a select :grin:. Like the smoker and glad I kept it. Will be nice to have a super portable pellet cooker.

1ZVEpELl.jpg

o3DpqDol.jpg

Z28Ki88l.jpg

gO3i4vFl.jpg

xvi0DR2l.jpg

dKwhGGEl.jpg

zb71vCVl.jpg

eujOQvDl.jpg

Love the pics of the kid helping!

Ninja... good advice! [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Very little smoke flavor the hotter you go, would love to get 1 that size to take caming,

Love it. I should have just drove back over as I too was up at 3am also. Could have had a dual tailgater unboxing all while being spit up on by 3 month olds haha.

Yep!! That one turned out great. I could get used to those briskets at those prices.

That looks like some great brisket! Never seen anyone drizzle caramel on brisket though, bet that would be tasty! :wink:

So if my math is correct - guessing on how much you trimmed off -

It took about 30 minutes a pound at 350?

So if my math is correct - guessing on how much you trimmed off -

It took about 30 minutes a pound at 350?

It was about 10lbs cooked. So a little more than that. I'm not a huge fan of xmins/lb. There is only a certain window where it applies as thickness of meat is a factor.

Of all the events we've cooked I'd say all the briskets were in the 12-17lb range post trim. They all finished within the same 30min window I wanted them to. A few varied, but when we cooked 2 briskets back in the day I'd have larger ones finish ahead of the smaller ones many times.

How many times did you have to refill the 5lb auger cooking at that temp for 6 hours?

I did a full reload and it burned through half of that on top of the full 1st round. Definitely gotta watch it. Might do one of those classy cardboard beer can box extension

Back