THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

txags2011

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Andrew
Had a buddy in town so we had a few friends over for dinner and had to bust out the big guns!

This is my second try at beef ribs and I think they were alright. One of the racks was a little underdone to my taste, but the other was spot on and I think everyone was happy. Plates were about 3# each, rubbed with Black Ops. Minimal pictures due to speedy consumption.

We had some sausage, mac, stuffed acorn squash (still finishing in the oven at picture time), beans and bread pudding to round out the line-up. thanks for lookin!

B7AB736D-E118-4AA1-B1E1-945620F6C489_zpslp5hsw3i.jpg

0B2227AC-8C81-4837-BC04-FABBEA454F4D_zpsrkppmxpk.jpg

Pretty! To me, it's important to do a toothpick test between each bone and not pull until all tests are tender. I had one rack that tested tender in the middle, but one bone just wasn't done.

Those look great! Any more detail on your cook?

Ran a mix of Stubbs and the leftover coals from my last cook, with hickory per usual for me. 250 for most of the cook, wrapped in butcher paper when they hit the stall at about 4hrs and let the temps run up to 300 ish for the last 1.5 hrs. Pulled em, towel wrap, and cooler to rest for about half an hour. Short rest but was pressed for time cause we were starving.

I should have given myself more time overall, these were a good bit more hefty than the last plate I did and I didn't get started till after church.

You ready to give in and order your LSG?

Back