THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

Trucky1008

is Blowin Smoke!
It's been a while since I did a brisky and I was itching to give Plowboys Beef Rub a try, so I got me a 13.5 lb full packer from Sam's. Put that bad boy on the smoker last night and it came off about 2:00 this afternoon (16 hrs). I normally cook fat side up, but this time went fat down and it seemed to make a difference. While my brisket was catching some zzzzzz's I made my first fatties and put them in the smoker. It made for a wonderful Sunday afternoon meal.

Here's the packer getting a good dusting of Plowboy's Beef Rub.
2917088614_d2d6e91b3e_o.jpg

After a 2 hour rest, ready for carving.
2917088820_170a4c9490_o.jpg

Here's a few slices. This was my best brisket so far!
2917193694_96c8790153_o.jpg

JD Maple, stuffed with onion, red bell pepper, japs and provalone cheese, wrapped in bacon.
2916347893_3957402c02_o.jpg

My first fatties were a success!
2917088528_b913aea4ca_o.jpg

Brisket looks great, though I must make the first statement recognizing the fact that you sure do know how to roll a tight Fatty.:biggrin:

you sure do know how to roll a tight Fatty.:biggrin:

That's for damn sure! I wasn't sure how much to pound it out in the first place, then I think I stuffed too much in them. Look how different in size they both are, even though they contain the same stuff! You'd think after working 4 years in the drug squad I'd be better at rolling things.....:cool:

Welp, that's it! Thanks to this post I have decided to cook a brisket this Thursday. I just hope my comes out half as good as your looks!

I appreciate the comment. As I mentioned in my original post what seemed to make the difference for me was cooking fat side down and foiling about 2/3's through the cook. Good luck and be sure to share your results.

Back