THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

misterrachel

Knows what a fatty is.
Now that the UDS has been put to the test, my wife would like me to make some chicken thighs tonight. Would the following work well?

-Rub chicken with Plowboy & rest 1 hour
-Put in UDS at 250 degrees for 2 to 3 hours until chicken reaches 160

Sound like a good plan? What about wood? I have some hickory chunks and some cherry chunks. Was thinking about using the hickory for tonight.

Thanks in advance for suggestions and I promise to post PRON later!

I did drumsticks on my UDS on Sunday. I marinated them in the fridge for most of the day in a sweet, vidalia onion salad dressing (I usually use an Alabama White BBQ sauce as my chicken marinade, but I had this in the pantry and didn't feel like making a sauce, so there you go. If necessity is the mother of invention, then laziness is its bastard father...)

When it was time to get dinner going, I got the UDS temp up to 325*, drained the excess marinade off the drumsticks and then gave 'em a good rubbing with my own rub mixture.

Cooked 'em for about an hour and a half (flipped once after an hour).

Family loved 'em.

I also like thighs cooked at a higher temp. I usually go about 350 for 45 minutes. Defiantly Yardbird on chicken. I also use Sweet Baby Rays for sauce.

Edit: I use Cherry and Apple chunks.

Last edited:
Back