storage question for cargo trailer

masque13

is one Smokin' Farker
ok guys got a question for you;

I have a 7 x 16 enclosed cargo trailer for my comp needs. the inside is just standard plywood walls and there are two side vents, one on each side of the trailer that I leave open.

as you can imagine, it gets really hot in there when sitting in my driveway with the doors closed.

like all of us, I dont want to carry things to comps that I dont need, but there are things I do want to make sure I have like wasp/hornet spray, fix a flat, off bug spray and things of that nature.

and like all of us, I see the warnings all over the cans saying do not store in temps of 120 or above.

I'm just not sure how close the inside of my trailer gets to 120.....lol somedays I think it is above 120!!!!

anyway, what do you guys do? do you leave that stuff on your trailers or do you pack it in and out of your trailers each time you go somewhere?

I leave that kind of stuff in my trailer. And mine doesn't have vents!
If you wanted to add some protection in case the can ruptured, you could store them inside a plastic bag or small plastic box.

I leave everything in, but I don't have to worry about that kind of heat. I know how hot it gets down there! I do now bring my drawer of rubs in. Even with saran wrap under the lid, they still clump from moisture.

If I had to deal with that heat during storage, I would use a single tote with those type of items and just remove it during storage.

oh yeh, I always bring my rubs and things like that back in....I was mostly just concerned about the canned stuff like the wasp spray and things like fix a flat. Just worried about something like that exploding on the trailer.

Just for kicks and grins one hot and sunny day, I set up my Maverick remote inside my trailer and was surprised to see it jump from 90 degrees to 137 degrees in short order. The roof vent was installed shortly thereafter. Did another test on a similar day and didn't see much of a temp difference over the course of a day with the vent open or closed and the trailer just sitting in place. Not saying that you shouldn't put another vent in, but don't expect miracles either. I've never had anything explode, but I wouldn't want to be trapped in there either.

oh yeh, I always bring my rubs and things like that back in....I was mostly just concerned about the canned stuff like the wasp spray and things like fix a flat. Just worried about something like that exploding on the trailer.
Put it in the garage or basement. You dont want to clean up the mess.

Fix a Flat is toxic. You should inform the garage you take it to if you use it. They may not be equipped clean the mess up. Carry it as a just in case but try not to use it.
Imo get a full size spare that you can just have a tow company pop on for you in the event of a flat tire or for you to do it yourself.

There are a couple plugs I am going to see if they still make that are easy to use and a good temporary patch. If they do I will link them here for you. Easy to store and you twist them into your tire. Much easier than a traditional plug.

As you know I love to spend "YOUR" money there Ole Buddy.
I VOTE for you just to donate your trailer to the guy how lives 4 houses up from you. I'm sure I will (oops) that guy will take total care of things.
This way you can spend more time on honey do list.
Just saying I'm only thinking of your needs 1st .... Hee Hee

As you know I love to spend "YOUR" money there Ole Buddy.
I VOTE for you just to donate your trailer to the guy how lives 4 houses up from you. I'm sure I will (oops) that guy will take total care of things.
This way you can spend more time on honey do list.
Just saying I'm only thinking of your needs 1st .... Hee Hee

YES, you have just about spent enough of my money this year to cause me to have to come live in your garage!!!!!!!!!!! But it's all in the name of BBQ.

Back