Stonewear "Beer Can Chicken" Cooker...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
My Father-in-law sent this to me from QVC...(yes...he's one of them)...but this time it may be something I actually use. Check it out...

IMG_4234.jpg

IMG_4235.jpg

My wife has a similar one that she uses in the oven. Haven't tried it in the smoker but based on the oven results I may not. On hers, the chicken sits way to down in the bowl and so the legs and thighs are more like boiled chicken.

My wife has a similar one that she uses in the oven. Haven't tried it in the smoker but based on the oven results I may not. On hers, the chicken sits way to down in the bowl and so the legs and thighs are more like boiled chicken.

I wonder if you could buy a wire Chick-n-butt rack that would fit over the one in the pan. Maybe raise the bird up. Then you could still have the drippn's for gravy. ???

I have the porcelain eggcessory (sp?) one. I tried a chicken a couple of years ago and burned the hell out of it. It was like the turkey in Christmas Vacation that basically exploded when the knive hit it...hollow.

Now that I'm a Q Jedi in training, I've been working my nerve up to try chicken again. I still have nightmares about that last one, though.

Back