Stolen BBQ Trailer in KC - Update

EverettBBQ

Full Fledged Farker
I wanted to give everyone an update on my stolen BBQ trailer.

Less than 2 weeks ago, my enclosed trailer, BBQ pit, and BBQ equipment was stolen. I must be honest, I really lost my faith in humanity. Not only was it was gone, I was going to smoke in the American Royal Invitational event over the Labor Day weekend. My trailer was gone, my 1st ever chance to smoke in the Invitational was gone. I was ready to throw in the towel.

My teammate suggested I post on the "Stolen KC" group on Facebook. I took his advice, joined the group and posted that Thursday. I was overwhelmed with the response. So many people wishing me success finding my lost trailer, saying they were sorry for my loss. Then I posted to a BBQ blog called BBQ Brethren. Again I got a great response. Out of the blue, I got an email from Molly Balkenbush at Fox 4 news wanting to interview me for their broadcast that Saturday evening. They came out to my house and talked to me about what happened and my plans for the Royal. It felt like they really cared about my loss (reporter and camera man). That evening they aired the interview. That next day my Facebook post exploded. I really felt good with all of the outpouring of sympathy and well wishing.

Then things really started to happen. The BBQ teams in the KC area came to the rescue. A quick summary:

- Meat Rushmore BBQ Team is only smoking in the American Royal Open. They offered all of their gear for us to use to smoke in the Invitational!

- Hunka Hunka Burnin' Rub offered to let us use some of their drum smokers.

- Burnt Finger (Jason and Megan Day) loaned us a smoker that is just like the one I had stolen.

- Valley Oaks Steak Company (Keith and Penny Sisk) loaned us an enclosed BBQ trailer with gear.

Well......we are going to make it!!

I have not found my trailer and BBQ equipment yet, but I have found something much more important. I have found my faith in humanity.

More to come.

Absolutely awesome. :thumb:

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That is, suffice it to say, abundantly cool...which is such an understatement.

Nice to see people coming together to help restore your faith in humanity!

Everett - keep the faith. People will generally rise to the occasion and they seem to be rising to help you out. Kudos to you and especially kudos to every single person helping you in any way, no matter how small.

The turds that took your cooker will find out in short order that what goes around comes around.

You may never find your rig and the equipment. No problem. There is something better awaiting you on the other side of this chapter.

With all the negativity and bad news that we are force fed every day through any media, it's good to see that humanity still has a heart and will step up. :-D

BBQ community is filled with decent folk. Great to see when it lives up to that higher standard.

Best of luck.

Maybe you should investigate some of the other competitors. My theory is that a rival smoking team stole your stuff to keep you from winning it all! They're so scared they figured this was the only way to have a real shot at competing...

Back