Stick Burner Options for Southern California

Nato

Found some matches.
Kind of stuck here and hoping for some advice. I'm due for an upgrade and looking for a solid stick burner that I can get in southern California (San Diego). This will be my first stick burner. I've been using a Pit Boss Ceramic Kamado and UDS for years and looking to up my game! I really want the old country brazos, but as far as I can tell they're only available on Academy who won't ship to California. I've been looking at ordering a Horizon 24" RD Special Marshall from BassPro but this would cost about $3k shipped compared to the $1600 for the brazos. Also considering the Luling 24 for around the same price as the Horizon. While I would be willing to pony up the 3k for a high quality 24" stick burner, I was hoping to stay in the realm of 2k, but not really finding anything available to me in that price range. Traditional offset, 1/4" steel, grease drain, large stack, decent baffle system are all important to me. 24" diameter chamber would be a nice to have. Are there any other manufacturers that would ship to socal that I should consider?

Fatstack in LA, or camelback smokers in AZ would be the closest options for you for a locally made quality offset.

Shipping on a workhorse pit from GA is quite reasonable as well and their pits are priced right!

Goose

Have you checked around to see if there are any local pit builders? Check Craigslist, you may find some local shop building pits.

KAT smokers up north in Modesto. He does mainly reverse flow but pretty sure can custom make to order.

I'd also highly recommend Lone Star Grillz but you'll likely be in the 3K range with shipping. I chose to go with LSG as they were my "flavor" and have absolutely no regrets. Dropped my 24×30 vertical offset on my driveway flawlessly.

Yea JH in Riverside mostly reverse flow I believe.

I don't know if it is up to your standards but I have a 18 x 36 3/16" Bayou classic that hardly ever gets used I would consider letting go. It is not as high quality as some of the others mentioned above but certainly a decent quality entry level unit at a considerable savings. Might be worth a drive up. If interested I can get some pics up for you.

Last edited:
I’ve heard of fat stack but they’re over 4k for the pit I’m looking for. Those other two I haven’t looked into. Thanks for the suggestions!

Have you checked around to see if there are any local pit builders? Check Craigslist, you may find some local shop building pits.
I found a fabricator in Hemet called Titus smokers. Looks like he does solid work. Similar builds to fat stack. I spoke with Bobby the owner a minute ago. Very cool dude. Quoted me $2,500 for what I’m looking for. Definitely an option.

KAT smokers up north in Modesto. He does mainly reverse flow but pretty sure can custom make to order.

I'd also highly recommend Lone Star Grillz but you'll likely be in the 3K range with shipping. I chose to go with LSG as they were my "flavor" and have absolutely no regrets. Dropped my 24×30 vertical offset on my driveway flawlessly.
Ive been eyeing the LSG vertical offset for years! Have you used traditional offsets before? If so, how does their vertical offset compare? Thanks man!

Yea JH in Riverside mostly reverse flow I believe.

I don't know if it is up to your standards but I have a 18 x 36 3/16" Bayou classic that hardly ever gets used I would consider letting go. It is not as high quality as some of the others mentioned above but certainly a decent quality entry level unit at a considerable savings. Might be worth a drive up. If interested I can get some pics up for you.
Thanks Tom. PM sent

I just checked OfferUp and someone in San Dimas has a 24x48 Texas Original offset smoker listed for $2500...

Back