Steak Wraps on the Weber 18" Kettle

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Bachelor weekend for me, Mrs lunchman is away. What to cook, what to cook? Something on the Weber...

While checking out the selection at my local Market Basket, I came across this. It kinda resembles a tri tip, but it's not a tri tip. Sirloin Rump Tip, have never seen this in the meat case. Definitely a good candidate for the grill, just as the packaging recommends -

Even though it's just me, space on the 18" Weber is still at a premium. Onions, peppers and Baby Bellas go on first -

Back in the kitchen the meat is rubbed with Oakridge BBQ Jamaican Jerk -

Time for the steak to go on the Weber. On the indirect side opposite the SnS it goes -

After reaching an internal temp of about 128, onto the hot side of the grill for a quick reverse sear -

And after a short rest, it's sliced and ready for wraps. Perfectly rare, just the way I like it and steak is meant to be :razz: -

I should have bought larger Tortillas, but these will have to do -

Back out onto the Kettle to melt the cheese and grill them so they'll stay closed -

Dinner is served with some chips and a side of sour cream -

Thanks for checking out today's cook on the Weber kettle. There are leftovers aplenty, so the Mrs won't miss out on this one. :grin:

Regards,
-lunchman

Thanks all. A fun dinner to prepare.

I had to do some research to find out where this cut comes from. From the Beef, It's what's for Dinner website, this seems to be it:

https://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/cuts/cut/2864/outside-round-rump

Whereas a Tri Tip comes from the part of the steer just forward of it:

https://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/cuts/cut/2443/tri-tip-roast

No matter where it comes from, I strongly feel it all depends on how you prep it and how it's cooked. I'd certainly buy this cut again.

As an fyi, I almost seasoned this with Oakridge BBQ's Habanero Death Dust, had a sample packet. Found it to be far too much heat for my liking, glad I went with the Jamaican Jerk which still has a little kick. OK, so I'm a wimp. :mrgreen: The HDD went to a friend who loves hot stuff, he'll consider it mild.

-Dom

Back