THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whether I'm going to grill steaks or chicken or using the smoker, I always let the meat warm up a little. It's always prepared before hand and waiting to go.

kcquer said:
For me it depends on the circumstances of the day. If I have all day and am in no particular hurry, meat stays in the fridge until the last minute, I believe like Neil and others that the best quality is achieved this way.
If I'm cooking a big brisket and need to hurry things along, I get it out before I start setting up the cooker and let it warm up a bit to expedite the process a little.

When grilling (steaks in particular) I use the fridge/freezer to get the OL's and my steaks done to our particular liking. I like rare and the OL likes med, so after seasoning I put hers in the fridge and mine in the freezer (30 mins or less) throw them on the grill at the same time and my colder steak comes out less done in the same amount of time.

What a great idea. I've been juggling times to get everybody's steak done right. I have to give that a try. Thanks for the great tip!

CarbonToe said:
Great idea, but you've got to keep an eye on it, leave the meat in too londgand it gets slightly frozen you're going to give yourself food poisoning!! :eek:
I like my steak run through a hot room on it's way to me - never got sick from that. :wink:

jt said:
I like my steak run through a hot room on it's way to me - never got sick from that. :wink:

That's the ticket! I like to take mine outside and hold it so it can see that there is a fire in proximity. Then it's done.

Has anyone ever done 2 briskets or butts, let one sit and get close to room temp and leave the other in the fridge then plop 'em both on the smoker and see if there is really a difference in the bark and smoke ring?

May have to do that next time. I've always gone from the fridge to the smoker.

in2que said:
Has anyone ever done 2 briskets or butts, let one sit and get close to room temp and leave the other in the fridge then plop 'em both on the smoker and see if there is really a difference in the bark and smoke ring?

May have to do that next time. I've always gone from the fridge to the smoker.

Good point. I'd be interested in the outcome.

Back