Stand ideas for a Portable Hot Water heater?

Fornia

Knows what a fatty is.
Seen some folks with wooden rigs to mount the portable propane water heaters, but never really looked real close (I've got Shiggitis -Fear of being thought as Shiggin').

Anyone have anything simple and effective? We've got the Triton model, and normally 'hang' it from the hardware used for the back ramp door. Limits out r set up a bit, and I always hate having it just hanging, with all that hot air flying out the top towards the outside walls of the trailer.

Our previous setup was a 1x12 shelf about 3' long and mounted the heater to that. Then we had our propane tank sitting in a milk crate. When we setup, the 1x12 got strapped to the milk crate to hold it up right. With our new trailer, we took 2 pieces of metal and bent them at a slight angle. One piece is mounted to the trailer and the other to the back if the heater, and the heater hangs off the trailer.

If you want to go real low budget I use a 30gal trash can and hold the triton in place with bungees to the trash can handles. It sits inside and the can keeps the wind from blowing out the flame. Then you use the can to store the hoses etc. I wont need to hook up my water heater till Jan down here in FLA. The water coming out of the my hose in Amelia Island last week was 138°. Any water you need for rinsing you need to keep in your cooler.

i saw one mounted to a hand truck dolly like from harbor freight, the tank was on the bottom flat part and it just rolled out and was ready, stood by itself and easy to move.

like this:
Demand-Water-Heater-on-Hand.jpg

Thanks Eric!

From here it almost looks also like there is a spigot on that hand truck?

Interesting!

Back