SRF Kurobuta Short Ribs

Great cook Dave, those look awesome!

To clear up a couple of the questions we've seen on this cut: The reason these look a little different than what you're used to is because at SRF we break our shoulders on a "Japanese break" as opposed to an "American Break". The American break is between the second and third ribs, while the Japanese break falls between the third and fourth rib. They are meatier because they come from a muscle group in the shoulder while spare ribs are simply the ribcage on the side of the animal. That's the difference between Spare Ribs and Short Ribs.

tl/dr - these are the front of the spare ribs and include some meat from the shoulder

Hope this helps.

Again, Dave, awesome cook, those look fantastic!

Great cook Dave, those look awesome!

To clear up a couple of the questions we've seen on this cut: The reason these look a little different than what you're used to is because at SRF we break our shoulders on a "Japanese break" as opposed to an "American Break". The American break is between the second and third ribs, while the Japanese break falls between the third and fourth rib. They are meatier because they come from a muscle group in the shoulder while spare ribs are simply the ribcage on the side of the animal. That's the difference between Spare Ribs and Short Ribs.

tl/dr - these are the front of the spare ribs and include some meat from the shoulder

Hope this helps.

Again, Dave, awesome cook, those look fantastic!

So they are kinda like bone in CSRs?

Loco, they did have a membrane, but a very thin one. And I did remove it.

Steve, no not at all a CSR at all. What Shane meant was the larger amount of meat on the top was from the shoulder area. These are ribs, but with a bonus amount of meat making them thicker

Loco, they did have a membrane, but a very thin one. And I did remove it.

Steve, no not at all a CSR at all. What Shane meant was the larger amount of meat on the top was from the shoulder area. These are ribs, but with a bonus amount of meat making them thicker
I got an Email saying that they also sell spareribs. When are you going to review those?:heh:

Back