SRF Asian Sticky Ribs

Mason Dixon Bowhunta

is one Smokin' Farker
I had a shipment of Kurobuta Spare Ribs arrive from Snake River Farms yesterday http://www.snakeriverfarms.com/kurobuta-pork/ribs/kurobuta-spare-ribs.html. I wanted to try something totally different so I decided to try to make some Asian sticky ribs.

I brined the ribs overnight in a mixture of apple juice, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Rinsed them and coated them with EVOO, SPOG and tossed them on the UDS

picture.php

While they were doing their thing, I mixed up a batch of Asian BBQ sauce using ketchup, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger and brown sugar. Let it reduce until it was thick and syrupy like Black Gold. Yes that's a Mickey Mouse cup in the background :roll:

picture.php

Once the ribs probed tender I coated them with the sauce and let them glaze. Here is what they looked like coming off the smoker

picture.php

Sliced them and topped them with sesame seeds

picture.php

They were the perfect texture - bite thru tender

picture.php

These DID NOT suck. The flavor and texture of the SRF ribs was amazing! The rich, decadent flavor of the pork paired perfectly with the sauce which had a sweet, salty, earthy flavor.

Next time I do these I will let the sauce reduce even more as they weren't as sticky as I was hoping for. I will also add some spice to the sauce for some kick.

Thanks for looking!

If you can find some true ground Thai red chili, you'll find that it adds heat without adjusting the flavor.

I highly recommend about 1-2 tsp in your marinade (no, it's not going to get crazy hot), about maybe 1/4-1/2 tsp in your sauce to give it a bit of "zip."

Great ideas above about the star anise and 5 spice...

Back