Springfield IL, checking in!

N

NoSwineLeftBehind

Howdy all. I see a few familiar faces here, and thousands of complete strangers! :grin:

I go by 'SquirtTheCat' on some other forums, but "No Swine Left Behind" is our KCBS BBQ team name, and weekend business venture. (my partner and I operate a food truck of sorts)

I started smoking in a little Bradley electric box, graduated to a pair of Pellet Poopers (Traeger and MAK 1 Star), but now we cook in a couple big lump powered beasts. A Peoria Cookers Meat Monster (with competition firebox setup), and our workhorse, "Blue October". We've got a Backwoods Competitor working it's way up from Dixie, LA in a week or two, and our Big Blue smoker will probably go on the market to make room. We'll have to see about that.

Anyway, glad to be aboard!

2013-05-18%252016.20.27.jpg

IMGP2566.JPG

Welcome NoSwine...I have heard of the name before, did you attend the recent Blues & BBQ?

Anyway, welcome, there are great people and a ton of information on the site!

Welcome NoSwine...I have heard of the name before, did you attend the recent Blues & BBQ?

Anyway, welcome, there are great people and a ton of information on the site!

Thanks!

I judged at last year's Blues & BBQ fest, but we didn't participate. We've gotten a few mentions on Sam Madonia's show, and on Sports 101 on Sunday mornings. Some of those guys are becoming regulars at our little place.

Back