Spogos

Norm

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Private
I've always heard good things about this rub but have not tried it because didn't think I had any on hand. Well like most of us this week has been slower and I decided to arrange my spice and rub section of the pantry. Let me assure you this is no small task as I'm a bit of a hoarder... well a lot of a hoarder! Low and behold I found a sample pack from an order I'd made over a year ago.

Finally Friday night the weather here was decent which means it wasn't over 40mph winds and was above 40°. It's been over a year since I used the joe rotisserie on the egg so had a friend over for supper. Put a nice layer of SPOGOS on and put the chicken on to cook on the spinner. OMG was that ever the best chicken I've cooked in ages. My friend who weighs 115#'s kept eating even though she was already stuffed and kept mumbling between bites how good this is and you need to make this at least once a week!

I made an extra one for a neighbor who's wife is battling colon cancer (she's just 35 years old with two young kids) and just does not have time for making supper. Boxed up some hog apple beans, mashed potatoes and my friend took them over to their family.

I've always liked Oakridge products and think Mike is one heck of a nice guy but this is easily my new go to rub. Just finished up and order for a bunch more and a few other things, Brethren discount is great also.

i-nNSsvMx-XL.jpg

Thanks Mike!

Beautiful birds, and a very kind gesture for your neighbor's family.

I really need to get on that SPOGOS train.

I'm a big fan of Oakridge rubs and was looking forward to SPOGOS. When I tried it there was something in there that was more pronounced than the rest. I think it's cinnamon but I'm not exactly sure.

Does anyone know if there is cinnamon in there?

From the Oakridge website:

Ingredients: Sea Salt, Coarse Black Pepper, Garlic, Onion, Leeks, Porcini Mushrooms, Chiles (incl. chipotle, smoked paprika and red california), raw cane sugar, and other spices.

Looks like no cinnamon

Back