Spicebox & BGE gonna get a workout tonight

Just checked 15 minutes ago..

Looks like I was a bit too cheap with the depth/amount of charcoal I filled in the baskets.. as I was overly concerned about it all burning too fast and overshooting..

At 3:15 it was still crusing at 240, but at 7:15 I found temps down to 216 and there was very little coal left in the maze. So I refilled the right side on the basket and it's almost back up to temp.

Chuckies were around 150 and butts around 160-165.. Will wrap butts probably in the next 30-45 minutes.

Looking good Vinny, if you got a second, can you take a picture of your DigiQ set up? And what size fan are you using?

Looking good Vinny, if you got a second, can you take a picture of your DigiQ set up? And what size fan are you using?

See the last pic in post # 8... Is that what you want to see ?? On the bottom, I just have the flywheel removed with an aluminum plate instead with a 1 3/8 hole and then I use the Guru bulkhead inducer sleeve tube that the fan fits into.

I am using a 25 cfM fan in my medium but I usually have the slide control cut to only 1/4 to 1/2 open.

Looking great. Those chucks are huge! What was the weight on them?

Looking great. Those chucks are huge! What was the weight on them?

Thanks.. FOur butts are done.. waiting on two more.

Chuckies were just under 25 lb each.. They are at about 170 right now in foil and I've bumped the temp up to 275 or so to try to get them done a little quicker. They've been on for 15 hrs. so far..

Chuckies were just under 25 lb each.. They are at about 170 right now in foil and I've bumped the temp up to 275 or so to try to get them done a little quicker. They've been on for 15 hrs. so far..
Hurry up I am getting hungry. What time do you expect to be done? I do not want to be late:biggrin:

See the last pic in post # 8... Is that what you want to see ?? On the bottom, I just have the flywheel removed with an aluminum plate instead with a 1 3/8 hole and then I use the Guru bulkhead inducer sleeve tube that the fan fits into.

I am using a 25 cfM fan in my medium but I usually have the slide control cut to only 1/4 to 1/2 open.

I couldn't see the how the fan was set up. But your explanation is perfect. Thanks.

Back