Spice Mixer

I use

McCarthy Spices and Blends in St. Louis. Talk to Margaret. They are associated somehow wih Agri Missouri, so there may be a tax break in it for you. I use them, and It's cheaper than doing it myself and I only buy 500# a year.

They can package in foil pouches, shakers, big jugs, or in bulk. They make Albert Pujols rib rub, as well as a few other well known folks seasonings.

They make Albert Pujols rib rub, as well as a few other well known folks seasonings.

I didn't know he had a rub out ... I'm sure you'd never find it in North Carolina. Anybody tried it ... does it have a slight taste of turf ... or maybe a wiff of pine tar :lol:

How about a trash bag in the dryer? As a side note to go from .5 to 10X is more like 20 times. I think?

I use McCarthy Spice and am very happy with the results. I buy 50 pounds at a time. They are very quick on the shipping.

Spice

I would say if the mixer is new and all you use it for is rub..why not?? I think it would be fine.

Thanks again, guys. I think I'll pass on the trash bag in the dryer. HA!

I'm afraid of moving away from Cain's/Superior. I'm afraid that if I move from one vendor to another, my ingredients change and thus my flavor may change. More concerning is that I use a couple of pre-blended ingredients at are specific to Cain's. For example, one companies chili powder or lemon pepper may be different than another's. I'll give McCarthy a try, though.

McCarthy is easy

to get along with. She will send you a sample of your blend for approval b4 you buy anything.

You should be able to take a batch you have made with the Cain's Chili powder and lemon pepper..... and have them reformulate it based on the sample you give them. Then you are set. Might be worth a shot?

Tumbling's probably better, but the thing I thought of was the big egg-beater style mixer I've used for thinset/mortar doing tile. That in a 5-gal bucket might kick up some dust, but it'd probably work. I used my 18V cordless drill (though I'm probably shortening its life by doing so), but a big corded drill would probably not have any problems.

You should be able to take a batch you have made with the Cain's Chili powder and lemon pepper..... and have them reformulate it based on the sample you give them. Then you are set. Might be worth a shot?

Yup. Probably do the same with Old World Spice and Planters, too.

Back