Status
Not open for further replies.

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Banner.gif

end-of-the-wo.rld1_.jpg

And I turned to see the Throwdown category idea that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden SPAMfish; And in the midst of the seven SPAMfish one cooked like unto the man of Gore, clothed with eggplant down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a weave of bacon. His head and his hairs were peppered like steak; and his eyes were as an olive with pimento; And his beer stein like unto a bacon wrapped fatty, as if they barbecued in an oval; and his voice as the sound of many silences because it was really all just text on my screen. And at his right hand a ninja squirrel: and out of his head went a bright double-wrapped foil hat: and his countenance was as the pit spitteth in thin blue. And when I saw him, I also saw Oldyote. And they raised their shiny new certificates in front of me, saying unto me...

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!

That's right folks! The end of the world is finally upon us (at last)! The Mayans predicted long, long ago that the world as we know it would come to a sudden and abrupt end on December 21st, 2012, and as we all know, the Mayans are NEVER wrong!

In fact, this current cycle that is predicted to end is the next in line of a few other cycles that also ended with great calamity, with a forever changed world for all, and we all know how those went! So BE PREPARED TO BE COMPLETELY POWERLESS TO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING, YOU WILL HAVE NO CONTROL!!!

Since this is truly a once in a lifetime event...I mean really...how many people do YOU know who have lived through Argmageddon before? So, since this is such a once in a lifetime event, we will celebrate it with a SPECIAL BBQ Brethren Throwdown!

This is an OPEN CATEGORY. Think of it as a last meal. Or last meals (since multiple entries will be accepted).

Here are the RULES...

1. This is an OPEN CATEGORY.
2. The item must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.
3. Submitted dishes must be cooked between now and the end of the world on December 21, 2012. In case the Mayans change their mind and say the world will end a few days or weeks after that, I will be flexible and adjust the date as necessary.
4. All pics (any number) must be submitted by 6am Central US Time the folowing morning after the category ends.
5. Multiple entries are allowed. I'm sure some of you will have trouble deciding what to make as your last meal on Earth, so this way you will be able to make any and all dishes that strike your fancy.
6. You are allowed to touch up your photos for clarity, or to add the dish/item to a more interesting background if you like.
7. By posting your photos, you are granting consent for your photo to be reused for other BBQ Brethren related postings or materials.
8. Any joke photos, or photos of past creations you wish to show off must have a disclaimer stating that the photo is not intended to be included in the Vote thread.
9. If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, DO NOT COMPLAIN TO ME! Instead, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.
10. If I find an entry to have violated these simple rules, I reserve the right to disqualify that entry.
11. As at any neighborhood block party, the kids are present and part of the festivities, so please keep your posts family friendly.
12. Team entries are allowed, so long as you provide a team name. Otherwise, I will make the team name for you.

Now, get cooking while you still can!!!

Last edited:
Will the death row Throwdown be next? What you'd want to eat for your last meal or is this similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back