Spatchcock chicken redemption!

TxQGuy

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Big C
So, after the brutal failure of my last chicken cook, I had to rectify the situation. Last time, I got fancy, tried a weird buttermilk brine, and it turned out horrible. This time, I stuck to what has always worked: a nice dry brine overnight. No more chasing waterfalls.

Using their wing seasoning instead of the usual Clucker Dust:

d3p382Zh.jpg

Onto the pit we go. I have high hopes!

EGKBipPh.jpg

Basting it every 20 minutes with some garlic butter/Louisiana hot sauce. Coming along nicely:

h6QoVmdh.jpg

Let's flip 'em over for a bit!

fybkcBQh.jpg

And done! Victory is mine. It was AWESOME.

PYdhBFZh.jpg

Lesson learned. No more tinkering with a good thing. Well...for now at least. :laugh:

Oh, and since we were fortunate enough to luck into two chickens...I wrapped one up and put it on the front porch for my father in law to grab, as he was nearby. Proper social distancing and all. :thumb:

But, dear Brethren, what started out as a small act of kindness ended up in my favor. For you see...after he left, I noticed that he had put this on the doormat:

isSK51Jh.jpg

Thanks for looking...hope y'all are safe out there.

That looks delicious! I'd sure dance a jig of joy if I opened my door to find one of those birds on my doorstep!

Enjoy!

I would say that is a nice trade. Those birds look awesome

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Those look great! I did a buttermilk brine back in February and people loved it. It was tangy and spicy (I used quite a bit of chili powder).

Missed this yesterday, that is some gorgeous looking chicken!

That's a classic win win win scenario right there!

Back