THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

Two Bears

Full Fledged Farker
What is the difference between them?

I ordered 150 pounds of St Louis ribs and picked them up Thursday but the cases said "spare ribs" and am concerned of the difference between them.

If they have a fairly flat edge on both sides they are St. Louis trimmed. If one side is more rounded like a half moon they haven't been trimmed. That's the best way I can describe it. They will almost look like a babyback rib.

These are spareribs
StLouisRibs00003.jpg

and these are spareribs trimmed St. Louis Style. Ribs on the left and rib tips on the right.
StLouisRibs00014.jpg

StLouisRibs00015.jpg

You can save a few bucks and trim them yourself like this http://thehogblog.com/?p=695

Been blessed as they also gave me a couple hundred pounds of boston butts, brisket.
I do bring in a lot of cooked product for everyone to chow down on so they get their fill on it through out the summer...

Back