Southern California $.99/lb Spares

I guess that leaves you, me and the rest of the Brethern in the minority :roll:

I honestly couldn't believe how some of these were cut. Some of them were cut into about 2" strips, they basically looked like the trimmings after cutting spares into St Louis.

There's a Ralphs right around the corner from where I work. I've convinced 4 of my coworkers to go with me after work to each pick up a 3 racks (the max) so I can stock up quick. Score!

I went and got some. They will not sell them in cryo. They open it, fold and put on tray a,d wrap. Limit 3 X 2 (put 3 in truck and back in for 2 more. Gonna bust out the big smoker Sunday. Whole slabs, none of the cut in half crap at my Ralphs.

My Ralphs had them yesterday both in cryo (2 slabs) and in trays (single slab). I'm picking more up tonight. They were completely out this morning. There are 2 Ralphs on my way home from work so I'll hit both.

Wife picked up 3 slabs this morning at Ralphs. I have not had a close look at these, but am wondering if they need any trimming or anything prior to seasoning/smoking? (other than removing the membrane)

Thanks Ralphs great timing. Daughters Birthday Bash next weekend. Bought 8 cryo's. Limit? no limit around here.

Trimmed mine...
IMG_0193.jpg

I picked up four cryo packs yesterday at Ralphs after I went to Fresh and Easy and got two Farmer Johns Half ham for $0.77/lb.

Picked up 2 racks and was very pleased with quality. Much bigger than the Farmer John spares I usually get....hell of a deal.

Back