SouthDakotaBBQ - It does Exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SouthDakotaBBQ

Hello all. I am new to the forum here but have been looking in for a month or so now. I have been Grillin, Chillin, Smokin and BBQin for well over 10 years. I recently became a "pellet popper" this last January but still keep my gasser and kettle around for big parties and nostalgia. I have been making my own sauce and rubs for around three years now. I love to brew beer and make Q any day I can, snow, rain, wind or shine. I donated the modest amount for membership as this seems to be a great place to take my game to the next level. I have found a few members here in the great BBQ void we call South Dakota. I will have to make an effort to get ahold of these members and trade some stories and info. I have been looking to start a team (seriously) for about a 6 months now. I found the this forum and thought great idea! I would love to get together with some "local" players and learn to burn and turn some great Q in comps.

Welcome.

I know what a Pellet Pooper is. I know what a kettle is. But what is this gasser thing that you speak of?

Ha!

Well .... A gasser is .... LOL. Anyway I know that "Grilling" is a lost idea here in the true BBQers minds but sometimes a guy just needs a old fashioned steak with a side of mushrooms and onions. I know that gas is not an accepted source of heat, but when you get home at 8:30 from a days work it sure is nice to turn it on and cook in 5 minutes. I will however refrain from mentioning this gas thing in future posts as much as possible.

Welcome from way down here in NC...this is a great forum!

Ya' know... It's my VEERRRY humble opinion that every method of cooking meat has it's place (except a George Foreman, I mean, seriously?). When camping, I like to cook it over an open fire but I sure as hell aint gonna put up with that when I'm @ home and have all my other toys to play with!
And hells yes I take the lazy way out some nights and I don't have a problem sharing that!
Hi! I'm Ryan and I have a gasser.

Welcome!

Ya' know... It's my VEERRRY humble opinion that every method of cooking meat has it's place (except a George Foreman, I mean, seriously?). When camping, I like to cook it over an open fire but I sure as hell aint gonna put up with that when I'm @ home and have all my other toys to play with!
And hells yes I take the lazy way out some nights and I don't have a problem sharing that!
Hi! I'm Ryan and I have a gasser.

Welcome!

You are correct, so very correct. Every method has a place...

I'm just having some fun with the new guy...can't we do that anymore? It's just good natured teasing. It's not like I accused him of boiling his ribs or anything.

BOIL MY RIBS! LOL just kiddin!

You are correct, so very correct. Every method has a place...

I'm just having some fun with the new guy...can't we do that anymore? It's just good natured teasing. It's not like I accused him of boiling his ribs or anything.

This is fun. Thanks for the welcome everyone. I agree with all here all types have a time and place. It is fun to poke at the gas grill cuz it is fast and easy. Thank you for NOT saying I boil my ribs. I can see I am going to fit right in here.:biggrin:

Welcome to the addiction... Remember, there is no 12 step program for us!!!

I should add that I too have a gasser. It has 8 burners and requires 2 propane bottles to run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back