THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I like Prosser's and Shealy's better than others I have tried, including Maurice's. If we didn't all have varying opinions it would be a boring world. And I'm a South Carolina native but from the vinegar and red pepper part of the state.

Thanks for the input. I was aware of Maurices and his past. I did like his sauce, when I lived in Virginia I could buy it at the Food Lion...

I have contacted Shealy's to see if they would be interested... Again, thank you for your input and we are always open to new ideas and suggestions.

Thanks for asking. :-D

If you don't have any luck with Shealy's, don't forget about Prosser's! If you would like to try it and can't find it, I can send you a bottle.

Hi to SC folks,

I am up next to the mountains, but if you want some very good BBQ, you need to seek out Scott's in Hemingway, they only are open Thurs to Sat, They cook a shed full of pigs every week, only take out, spicy vineger, it is worth the side trip, there are two other BBQ places in town, but Scott's is excellent. Don't let the looks of the place stop you (old service station/store building with cook building out back)

Hi to SC folks,

I am up next to the mountains, but if you want some very good BBQ, you need to seek out Scott's in Hemingway, they only are open Thurs to Sat, They cook a shed full of pigs every week, only take out, spicy vineger, it is worth the side trip, there are two other BBQ places in town, but Scott's is excellent. Don't let the looks of the place stop you (old service station/store building with cook building out back)

Howdy neighbor! Hemingway, SC? That's just outside of Georgetown right? I can get there in the next couple of weeks probably, we go to the fish market in Georgetown pretty frequently. Thanks for the tip.

make your own!!!

1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup yellow mustard
1/4 cup onion finely minced
2 cloves garlic pureed
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tbsp worcestershire
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp tabasco sauce

Combine ing. and simmer for 15 min. stirring occassionally.

For smoother sauce blend on high for a few minutes.

Best you'll ever eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/2 cup yellow mustard
2 cloves garlic pureed
1 tbsp worcestershire
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp tabasco sauce

I will try that for sure, but I am looking for some to sell on our online store...

Try this and see how you like it. You can always find you a good recipe and produce your own to sell.

1/2 cup yellow mustard
2 cloves garlic pureed
1 tbsp worcestershire
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp tabasco sauce

Excuse my ignorance with regard to the subject of SC sauce but with the above recipe in mind, do Carolina sauces ever get any thicker than that? Seems like I've seen a thicker consistancy sauce here and there in some of the post pictures. Or is this recipe reduced down to a thicker consistancy?

Use a dark molassassa instead of brown suger, just make sure you spell it correctly.

Excuse my ignorance with regard to the subject of SC sauce but with the above recipe in mind, do Carolina sauces ever get any thicker than that? Seems like I've seen a thicker consistancy sauce here and there in some of the post pictures. Or is this recipe reduced down to a thicker consistancy?

I do it very similarly but fir my wife, I add apple juice and water to the initial sauce, then simmer it down by about a third. She likes it thicker.

Back