Soup Party 2014 - chicagokp's Pasole!

legendaryhog

is Blowin Smoke!
A couple of weeks ago I asked the brethren to lend me their soup recipes for our annual Soup Party! (party hard...party with soup!) Essentially, this has become a yearly party where everyone brings a different soup and libation and we get weird. This year's theme was William Burroughs as he would have been 100-years-old with the idea that your soup had to come from a place he lived.

After receiving many gracious suggestions from the Bretheren, I chose Mexico and New Mexico with Kirk's chicken Pasole with a few slight mods.

First, smoked one whole chicken. No rub, no nothin.

Two red bell peppers and one whole white onion into the pot with a bit of water.

IMG_0176.jpg

Cooled whole smoked chicken, discard the skin and start de-boning.

IMG_0178.jpg

De-boned smoked chicken.

IMG_0179.jpg

Everyone in the pool, chicken bones, peppers, onion, four cloves of garlic, cover with cold water and bring to a simmer.

IMG_0180.jpg

Removed the bones and tossed the veg into the food processor with added salt, pepper, cilantro, and some frozen roasted (peeled and seeded) green hatch chilies from last summer's chili roast. Turn into baby food and add back into stock.

IMG_0181.jpg

Chopped up chicken.

IMG_0182.jpg

Hominy and smoked chicken go into the soup.

IMG_0183.jpg

Get yourself a bowl of that goodness!

IMG_0184.jpg

Pretty damn good, very easy, and probably cost about 8 or 9 bucks for the whole pot. Thanks Brethren for all your suggestions and thanks Kirk for the great idea and links to your recipes. A great time was had by all. Beautiful weather, good beer, great friends.....could bbq soups be a future throwdown?

I'm not a soup guy...at all but that looks wicked! Well done sir. Nice to see this level of creativity. You've got me thinking

Back