Sorry Phil

Phil,

Both Michele and I are sorry to hear the news. All I can say is that you did us proud. A KCBS Director is alot of responsibility and you stepped right up to the plate and decided to run because you thought you could make a difference. I admire your dedication and willingness to make things better. You may not have won this election but you will always be our Poobah with the admiration and respect of 1500 of your brothers. In my book that trumps any director position in any organization.

I'm more interested in knowing if all those insane amendment changes were passed.

guys.. Really.. i appreciate all the thoughts, but as I said, it would have been nice to to be on the Board. To be in a place to possibly make a difference. I felt that my position here, with "The Brethren" gave me great insight into many perspectives and that I selfishly may be able to bring those insights, requests, and our "voices" to KCBS. I wasn't doing it for any personal reasons, and for that reason, I feel no personal loss. The loss is for all those that I could have represented, not just myself. (I hope I'm stating that right.. its hard to explain. :| )

What I felt more important, is that we get NE representation, or at least somewhat regional, and hopefully, Don Harwell will do that from NC, who also supported regional representation, and is an east coaster.

Again, it would have been great, but this place is home, I take it real seriously and with our rate of growth, we will have a stong presence in KCBS and the BBQ Circuit.... but its more important to remember the pits are in the backyards. Alot of people felt that this board was a detriment to my running, that I was a backyarder, but I felt it was my strongest point. I would give up the board position before giving up The Brethren, so maybe its an omen....

Either way.. We still have next year, or the one after that.

Im sort of happy. Their loss is OUR gain. They will not expand there base but we will expand ours.

I thought it was a strong finish for getting a late start!! There aren't that many vote differences between you and the last guy to make it!!

Now you can concentrait on upcomming competitions :mrgreen:

Phil, that isn't selfish... you represent a crapload of people both here and in the friends you have met through your competing in the northeast. You would have done great things in representing all of us. However, just as you said you'd never give up the Brethren site for the KCBS, we would all rather have you here instead of having too many KCBS duties to be around this place. But that's actually selfish on OUR part I guess! If your heart leads you in that direction next time, go for it again! We'll help however we can!

The Poo Meister,
I am proud of you in that you had the guts to put your name, time and effort into the cause. Stepping up to the plate takes a real person with ambition and purpose.
You make us all proud!!!
Smoke On!!!!!
ed

Phil, Im confused here, a chit load confused.... How on earth can the finest forum, the Bbq Brethern Forum be a detriment on your part ???
Hell I probably wrong here but other than Fords website you were the only candidate........Nope your the only candidate that has an awesome place for folks to chat, assuming your the private owner of said site.
Hold your head high, smile like there is no tomorrow and be proud of the votes you did recieve.
Someday I hope to meet you in person. You always have my vote.

Mike

Not much more to say here that has not been said. great points by all.

I'm sure that as Poobah gets more national recognition for his work here at the Brethren, in contests etc. it will be a lock for future elections...

I don't know what I can say that has not already been said.

Either way you have my vote now and in the future.

Guido

bbqbull said:
Phil, Im confused here, a chit load confused.... How on earth can the finest forum, the Bbq Brethern Forum be a detriment on your part ???
Hell I probably wrong here but other than Fords website you were the only candidate........Nope your the only candidate that has an awesome place for folks to chat, assuming your the private owner of said site.
Hold your head high, smile like there is no tomorrow and be proud of the votes you did recieve.
Someday I hope to meet you in person. You always have my vote.

Mike

There's a little lawyer lady he's married to that gives him a monthly allowance, and that's only if he takes out the trash and cleans up the duck poo.....:mrgreen: Then he gets to come out and play.....:rolleyes:

Rizzardi.....you know you're #1 in my book.....your time will come, and you will make a difference.......I think you north easterners need to get your contest results and scores posted over on Basso's site so the general BBQ public knows that you guys are here to stay! My 2 cents worth.......

Phil
I'm sorry to see your not on the Board. Your IT and budget knowledge is just what KCBS needs. I hope you decide to run again.
Jim

jminion said:
Phil
I'm sorry to see your not on the Board. Your IT and budget knowledge is just what KCBS needs. I hope you decide to run again.
Jim

What the board needs is to break the country up into regions and have reps from each region on the board. Thats how you grow and remain inclusive.

jminion said:
Phil
Jim

Of course I'll run again if nominated.. and I'd be willing to help KCBS out with some IT stuff if they want.. even if I'm not on the board. Just call.

Bobberqeer said:
Let me see..........422 votes ........... first time running............ being a Northeastener, FROM NEW YAWK...............not politically connected near the headquarters... not near a so called BBQ Mecca.. I think ya did pretty farkin damn good!!!!!!!!!!!! nuttin to be ashamed about!!! I'm proud of ya for even running!!!

BBQ Mecca..??? Im sitting in a bigger one...This IS BRETHREN MECCA... Just look to the east and you can see the Smoke rise from the Klose twins in the yard.

Well, I'm still pretty much one of the new guys here, but I can see the potential of next years results showing up in your favor. I got my first year KCBS stuff just this past Saturday. Plan on keeping my membership up when the dues come due. You definitely have my vote when it comes time next year. Hell if it weren't for your site and all the friends I've made here, I'd still be BBQin in 1 hour or less on my big gas grill.....
The site, and the members of it are one of the biggest, if not the biggest influence now in BBQ.

JohnMcD348 said:
The site, and the members of it are one of the biggest, if not the biggest influence now in BBQ.

Now THATS a nice thing to hear...and a one BIG statement!!!

Ya done good! We tend to forget that KCBS is a large organization and it's got it's own political machine (I'm not knocking it - all big organizations reflect this) and you were a first time candidate. You did, however, have a pretty good constituency - and it grew during your campaign. If you choose to run again - you'll definately have a shot - your base is already in place.

Back