THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R

RazBarlow

Just went by a parking lot in Cleburne last night and saw a bunch on setups and a cookoff sign . Does anyone know anything about this ?
We just moved here from Iowa last weekend so I am new to the area.
Thanks,
Raz

IBCA Cook Off
My In Laws live there
Tell me why you moved there?
I love that area
Hoping to retire in Grand View TX

Is there anyone on this board that is there at the comp ? I was wondering if anyone can walk into the comp or if you have to get a pass or be in the comp ?
I would like to speak to some people on this board and look around a bit.
Thanks,
Raz

There probably are some Brethren there
But if they are cookin they are there now
Go ask about being a Judge
Lynn will set you up

Not sure if any Brethren are there. I cooked Colleyville a couple of weeks ago and that will probably be it for me for the summer (no A/C and hate standing outside in 100 degree weather -drinks go down way too fast:twisted:). Anyway, just show up - I know of a few there.

My son and I just got done walking through, right now all the setups are way out of my league . I am very sure my UDS would not fit in that crowd but I may just be getting the wrong impression.
Raz

That's the comp that was rescheduled due to the swine flu scare.

A UDS would be fit in fine. Show up on Friday evening with a cooler of adult beverages and start making friends. IBCA guys will give lots of tips and help.

You are, look for 3 Star Rednecks and tellem Zilla sent you to eat. Jeff and Billy are good fellas.
Well congrats to Redneck(Jeff) and Billy on their GC win in Cleburne,TX. :eusa_clap

My son and I just got done walking through, right now all the setups are way out of my league . I am very sure my UDS would not fit in that crowd but I may just be getting the wrong impression.
Raz

don't let that bother you at all would fit right in theirs a bunch of ugly drunk sailors at a cook off :mrgreen:

seriously the IBCA has a lot of cook and you might fill better try some lonsestar sanctioned events also :wink:

Back