THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tnjimbob

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Jim H.
Marinated 4 thighs in Ray Lampe's homemade Italian dressing for a few hours, then smoked them on the kettle for just less than an hour over Stubb's & one cherry wood chunk for flavor. Then, I pulled the skin and put them into some chicken broth to simmer until they were falling apart tender. Sauteed some onions, bell peppers & celery, and cooked some rotini noodles, because that's what my daughter wanted in her soup. Since she was helping, I couldn't say no to that.

Also made some bruschetta to go with it. Pan toasted the bread in a little butter, then spread on the tomato mixture. Grape tomatoes are OK for cold weather, but I can't wait to get some fresh tomatoes from our backyard.

Chicken, cooling a little after smoking indirect on the kettle.
0211121752.jpg

Picked up a baguette for the bruschetta. Thought about toasting on the grill, but by the time that thought came around, the grill was already cooled off and I really didn't want to fight the wind anymore. Pantoasted with a little butter, which toasted the bread just right.
0211121933.jpg

Plated goodness. Our daughter & I worked together on this meal, so she gets credit for being a great helper. :clap2:
0211121945c.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Mmmmm That looks so good! Kudos to you and your daughter! Nice team work. :thumb:

Back