Something a little different

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
The first thing you do it make up a batch of grits and put them in a baking dish and let them cool in the refrigerator overnight.

Once the grits are hard you cut yourself out a round of the grits and fry it up in a little bacon drippings...

After it's crisp on both sides put it in the bowl.
Moink-Grits-1.jpg

Then mix up some sauteed onion, bell pepper, garlic. Add some thyme, bay leaf and some Todd's Dirt. When the veggies are tender add a couple tablespoons of flour heat through. Making a roux.

When that's done toss in some vegetable stock and cook until thickened. Add some cream and a little bit of tomato paste.

Add your meat and heat through...

What does that make? Any guesses...
Did you guess?
It's not what you think!
You'll never guess...
Moink-Grits-2.jpg

That's right MOINK & Grits....
It's what's for dinner...

Moink-Grits-3.jpg

I was gonna say the grits part sounded like polenta or somethin'.
That looks tasty.

A year or so ago I ate Shrimp & Grits in Savannah and they made a deep fried grits cake and spooned the shrimp and sauce over the top of that. I loved it and the consistency was fantastic.

I pan friend my grits patty instead and it was pretty tasty...

No, it is not legal in CA, I should go there and confiscate it right now.

Dangitall Larry, I was perfectly happy with my overly spiced Portuguese sausage and cabbage fried rice and now all I can think of is MOINK balls and shrimp with grits. Now I will have to go shopping tomorrow.

I was perfectly happy with my overly spiced Portuguese sausage
Hey Bob! Is that Amaral's Linguica? I grew up with the kids of the founders. Amaral's has been a San Leandro treasure for many years! If you have not tried Amaral's, look them up in the phone book and pay them a visit...You'll thank me.

Ah, brings back the old days.
Fry those grits, put on butter and syrup.
Ya got ya some Mush!!!! My mother made that for us often.
Thanks. Now I want some without the Moink/Stoink stuff.

Back