Someone needs to get one of these and report back to us

After reading the actual reviews by people who bought on costco website it doesn't sound like a good deal - most seemed disappointed...

Guerre, call it Waygu, its still pricey. the best beef I ever had was last Dec in Costa Rica. We should be importing that stuff.

You can call it what you like... That's bloody stupid money, and if it's not really from Japan, just move on.

As many of you are aware, I've lived in Hong Hong and I remain a HK Permanent Resident because I travel there every year.

Every time I go back, I trawl through the TOP class Japanese style supermarkets... (C!TY SUPER, T@STE and JUSCO) on HK Island, where all the rich people are. You can get pretty much any meat from anywhere.

NZ and Aus Lamb and beef and roo and emu and croc. US Beef, Air dried and pork and venison and Kobe Style / Wagyu whatever. Genuine Kobe beef too.

But the prices you're talking about here are pure fiction..

And seriously, we're all about low and slow in the main... and that kind of beef needs 2 seconds in a hot skillet, dash of premium soy, a bean shoot and a spring onion and then down the hatch...

Leave it on the shelf and buy a brisket or a butt or a rib. That's what we are about! :becky:

Cheers!

Bill

Excellent info but I would still have a problem with them calling it "Kobe-Style" or "American Style Kobe" as it implies the same level of pampering that the Japanese cattle receive. Now, if this is actually the case...

I think American Style is a perfect description. Mixed breed, and just a bit too lazy to put in the labor the Japanese do to make it better.... :redface:

:becky::becky::becky:

dont know about the droppings, Deguerre, but for that price it should be delivered by a bikini model who sticks around for a happy ending.

I picked ordered 2 before they were out of stock... should be here today, maybe tomorrow (hopefully they pack em' with plenty of ice!) I'll letcha know how they are!

NOT! OMFG! nice way to spend a G tho...

I DID however, pick up a snake river waygu flat from Selle's butcher in CDA... WOW. most impressive piece of meat I've ever seen! The muscle was like mop strings interlaced with fat. sooo tender that I could poke my finger through it while it was raw. excellent flavor too! Think I paid $35'ish for it... not too bad since a choice costco flat will run you $25...

Back